Home

Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #153
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
The title of this thread is a little inaccurate. The original article doesn't say he'll be the only gy with tattoos. It says he'll probably be the only guy with authentic tattoos.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #154
Banned

OVR: 10
They should give an incentive to the artists to be featured in the games during the customization option and player edits. If you want your player tatted up then these artists will be the artists to to choose from with some of their designs as a choice to choose. That would be hot. And crazy marketing for those artists.

But without all tattoos it's wack to have one player. Unless they add more during the year, the only other thing worthy is to have generic tattoos so everyone is inked up. I'm more concerned with the hair, and editing though. E A is good for leaving stuff out.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #155
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

I'm not really worried about the tattoos anymore, I am sure more players tatts will be added next year and thereafter. They probably just showed Kap's tatts to build up hype, tatts were probably a Madden 16 addition but they desperately needed to build hype for this years game. I am not buying the story that only one player went and got permission I find that laughable.
I am more worried about the gameplay than anything. With better, more realistic graphics, bad animations, player movement, and bugs will stick out even more, so lets hope they have improved that in a big way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 01:48 AM   #156
Pro

Nba games have tattoos because getting permission from 400ish NBA players is easier than the 1500 NFL players.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:39 AM   #157
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
But where does it say they aren't doing that? The only thing I saw was them saying CP will be the only one with "authentic" tattoos. But, why would they go out of their way to say "authentic" if their weren't any inauthentic ones? I am just asking.
No, it's a good question and of course I don't have the answer (until August 26th). But at the same time, why would they have a conversation about tattoos in the game to that extent (referencing old lawsuits, the last time they had generics, etc.) and not mention "hey, we will feature unauthentic/generic tattoos for other players in this years game too." Besides, this is a marketing ploy and so of course they are going to use a buzzword like "authentic" to hype their presentation.

In all fairness I think the second question is a better question. Why talk about their tattoo implementation in pieces (i.e. announce Kap's authentic tats now and the generic tats at a later date)?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 06-06-2014, 02:56 AM   #158
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Nba games have tattoos because getting permission from 400ish NBA players is easier than the 1500 NFL players.
I'm confused.... then how about permission simply from 40 NFL players vs 400ish NBA players...? Not all 1500 NFL players sport tatoos.

Side Note: Your username. Do you actually make your own yogurt? I recently found out how to make it myself and have stopped buying store bought yogurt. Essentially the price of a gallon of milk gives me a gallon of yogurt.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #159
Rookie

jtmoneyb4u's Arena

i thought when pay for the tattoo its yours? so are they saying the artist have the right to comeback and take it? this make no sense to me i guess every player in NBA Live had to get artist permission huh? highly unlikely just make a great game and stop making excuses EA
Old 06-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #160
Pro

OVR: 2
I just hope all the player models look as good as CK. I hope they fixed Richaes Sherman, he looked terrible last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »