Home

Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #73
Rookie

vpizzle28's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
It seems then that players in the nfl have dropped the ball on thier own likeness .......it is well known that players seek out thier video game counter part to see how they resemble them in real life. If this is true , then this falls on the players as much as EA for not lighting a fire sooner in securing the rights to implement the tattoos on as many players as possible before launch.

On another note. The lighting texture and player models are night and day from last year.....hoping of course that that pic is of actual in game footage and not rendered.
The EA Twitter team already said that is an in-game shot. They said more will be released soon.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #74
MVP

Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
I am completely baffled at how the majority of you cannot comprehend this. The NBA, UFC, etc. has NO policy/rule that states a player must get their tattoo artist to sign a waiver in order for their tattoos to show up in a video game. However, the NFL requires this because they were sued in the past. This is 100% on the NFL and has nothing to do with EA Sports.

Some of you need to take the time to read and do some research before blatantly ripping EA when they did not make this rule. The NFL is making sure they are not liable for any future litigation. A tattoo artist who inked up an NBA player could (if they wanted to) sue the NBA right now because they have no such rule in place.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/10/385...attoos-in-2004
So what I take from this is that we should blame Ricky Williams for the cause of all of this? Had he not sued then the NFL would've never put this policy in place & we would've had tattoos in the game all along?
Old 06-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #75
Banned

At first I was livid at this but now that I have read everyone comments LOL ... 1) At least EA was honest up front and didn't wait and let us figure this out after we buy the game. 2) This is a foot in the door, now players will see how authentic CK looks with tats and they will do the same thing to get their tattoos in the game for Madden 16.

I just wish players could start getting consent forms now and EA just patch in new player models throughout the year like they do with roster updates...."Player Model Updates" or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #76
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Y'all are really bit**ing about why they only have one players tattoos? Honestly? The fact that we now know they actually WANT to bring AUTHENTIC tattoos back should make everyone frickin scream and shout in excitement. This is why EA debs left this site lmao.

@djordan ... just stop.

1. This isn't one of EA's halfassed efforts for once in our lifetime.. It isn't possible for it to be one, for the fact that Kaep is the ONLY person who cared to get this done in time for the game. And it also obviously isn't halfassed because they got every one of his tattoos that are visible during a game in.....

2. Why in the world would you rather wait another season for something like tattoos to be put in? Its not like its a new physics system that they built and midway said "ya know what? we can save this for next season" and stopped.. Tattoos are basically like new equipment being added in.. Did you complain when they added in only 4 DNA helmets or were you happy that you had new helmets to choose from??

GROW. UP.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #77

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
So what I take from this is that we should blame Ricky Williams for the cause of all of this? Had he not sued then the NFL would've never put this policy in place & we would've had tattoos in the game all along?
You're take is very incorrect.

They got sued because of tattoos on Ricky Williams. Not by Ricky Williams.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #78
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
I agree with the quotes before me citing that if they can't get most or all of the tattoo "licensing" in... then just leave them out altogether. It's lame... but again EA doesn't care... their marketing dept. surely was handing out chest bumps and high fives from the net chatter Kaep's tat's created.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #79
Pro

So you're telling me 2k gets the permission from all of the players tattoo artists?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #80
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
So you're telling me 2k gets the permission from all of the players tattoo artists?
There could be something involved with the licensing of those players that addresses it or 2k is simply taking a risk on regards to tattoos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »