Home

Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is mildly disappointing but I get it. I don't really see this as being any different than a guy like RGIII being the only player in the game wearing one sleeve. I doubt we'll ever see anything close to probably 50% of guys with their authentic tattoos in the game. Mainly because it seems to be on the onus of the players to get their stuff cleared. If anything though, I'd much rather see his in the game than not in the game even if it is just him.
It's disapointing but I think it's cool when EA does things for individual players. RGIII's sleeve, Kaepernicks tattoos, Ray Lewis's pre-game dance, Individual celebrations.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:00 PM   #50
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
Come on man. Permission for tattoos. I done heard it all. Typical EA. Always getting you excited about something and then they shoot you down. SMH.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
This raises a few questions for me:
1)Why wait this long before this was said? Couldn't this have been said a few years ago since people have been asking for how long now?

2) Couldn't this info have been given to the players so they could get clearance so it wouldn't just be Colin with tatts or couldn't they have waited until a lot of players have the waivers?

3) What the hell does this have to do with created players not being able to have tatts for so many years and why were they gone from the game BEFORE the Ricky Williams case?
My theory is that EA just probably didn't care or weren't concerned about adding tattoos before because they knew they didn't have to. Fast forward to Next Gen & maybe EA realizes how far behind the are in a presentation/players model aspect. Games like NBA 2K14 set the bar high & EA has no choice but to step it up now or they will really get exposed this gen. If you combine this with recent declining sales, rumors of 2K getting back into football, etc...It's not a coincidence that EA is finally stepping it up. I'm still curious about what kind of licensing deal was negotiated between EA & the NFL. I have a feeling we'll find out more at E3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is mildly disappointing but I get it. I don't really see this as being any different than a guy like RGIII being the only player in the game wearing one sleeve. I doubt we'll ever see anything close to probably 50% of guys with their authentic tattoos in the game. Mainly because it seems to be on the onus of the players to get their stuff cleared. If anything though, I'd much rather see his in the game than not in the game even if it is just him.
That's not a good example to me because you can edit anyone in the game to play with one sleeve. If you can edit anyone to have tattoos in M15 then I'm fine with only CKs being authentic. I get it's a small thing to most people, but to me it's just going to throw the visual off. It's like when NCAA added dreadlocks, if they had only added them to one player it would have looked pretty strange IMO
Old 06-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #53
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Good question..but my thought is with all the sues out against NFL..NFL just doesn't want to deal with more..also ur talking about NBA has what 12/15 guys a team to NFL's 53..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't have to get tattoos for all the players in one year. Why not just start off with the star players one year, then the starters and others over the next few years. But only one player in the game with tatts is just stupid, now everybody is going to wonder where such and such tattoos are.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #54
Rookie

I'd prefer no tattoos and all the equipment that SHOULD be in the game! Nike and Under Armour are represented in the NFL from combine apparel to the apparel that's worn on the field and EA still has yet to represent the "NFL" in this manner. From gloves, cleats, half sleeves, and all they've fallen way short of my expectations and others. I truly hope they didn't spend this entire year of development working on one players tattoo! E3 will be a big proving ground for me to see exactly what these guys have been doing.... It's hard to be a football fan and watch EA muck it up every year!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #55
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
They don't have to get tattoos for all the players in one year. Why not just start off with the star players one year, then the starters and others over the next few years. But only one player in the game with tatts is just stupid, now everybody is going to wonder where such and such tattoos are.
Because, right now, it's on the players to get the permissions. And I'm sure there is a pretty good chunk of players that don't care whether their virtual likeness has tattoos enough to go through the process of securing permissions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #56
Rookie

JAYHOVA110's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
Come on man. Permission for tattoos. I done heard it all. Typical EA. Always getting you excited about something and then they shoot you down. SMH.
they do it every single year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »