Home

Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

This is a discussion on Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

Richard Sherman's dreads should look like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.9 KB, 180 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 04:48 PM   #42
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Because the NBA isn't the NFL. The NFL has different rules for these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That doesn't quite make sense. Coprighting has nothing to do specifically with the NFL. It's not up to the NFL to give permissiin to EA to replicate a tatoo in game if the rights from the tatoo artist never gave permission in the first place. The NFL say to EA get all player tatoos in the game, and the artist can still come after EA if permission was never granted by the artist.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The players, perhaps not, but given the state of tattoo copyright law at the moment if I were a tattoo artist I would most likely want compensation for my original work appearing in some other format. Getting the required waiver may not be particularly easy, given that.
I don't have any tattoos but if I was an athlete in the NFL and especially a famous one at that, if my tattoo artist didn't sign the waiver release then best believe he won't see my business or any of my ppls business. Matter of fact since this is apart of the NFL symposium for players to know in advance, I wouldn't get tatted by anyone who refused to sign the waiver up front before doing work. That's a bad PR move to tattoo artist because it stems beyond video games. They could legitimately f*** up endorsement dollars with that foolishness.

I do acknowledge that many players have tattoos long before they reach the NFL but you should have an idea of who did your work.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #44
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Some may agree the timing was impeccable but I disagree strongly: tattoos in video games is not a novelty nor is the fashioning of Kap's tats.

Promote the use of ink when you have a solid clientele base otherwise your market push is premature esp if this is not used as a selling point to the consumer.

To have only one player out of hundreds model his ink screams of a waste of resources. They should at least give generic ink to the others who have ink but have not signed waivers.

This is basically a graphic demo - is this a new market EA will cater to?

It will be interesting to see if an image of Kap w/ his tats is used on the sleeve of the product as a marketing steak for the guys who salivate over these graphical add-ons.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #45
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

This raises a few questions for me:
1)Why wait this long before this was said? Couldn't this have been said a few years ago since people have been asking for how long now?

2) Couldn't this info have been given to the players so they could get clearance so it wouldn't just be Colin with tatts or couldn't they have waited until a lot of players have the waivers?

3) What the hell does this have to do with created players not being able to have tatts for so many years and why were they gone from the game BEFORE the Ricky Williams case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #46
Pro

I would like to see more tattoos, but I can only think of a handful of players that have noticeable tattoos.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #47
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

This is mildly disappointing but I get it. I don't really see this as being any different than a guy like RGIII being the only player in the game wearing one sleeve. I doubt we'll ever see anything close to probably 50% of guys with their authentic tattoos in the game. Mainly because it seems to be on the onus of the players to get their stuff cleared. If anything though, I'd much rather see his in the game than not in the game even if it is just him.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #48
Pro

They should get Aaron Hernandez's tattoos in the game ... oh, wait a second ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »