Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #209
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It was a sorta catch 22 for me for awhile because I didn't want to support the status quo but I also wanted to play the game enough to judge it fairly. That is until I finally started Redbox-ing it, which allowed my to do both. Hopefully Redbox starts to carry PS4/Xbox1 games soon so I can continue with that formula.
Craigslist works wonders here. I get Madden on Craigslist for league play. I refuse to buy the game new ever again until it becomes something that is worth buying. For the record, it is the ONLY game I buy used.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #210
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

What's the consensus on NCAA. IMO 14 is a very solid football game. In fact I put it up there with one of the best football games ever made in terms of gameplay. However when I try and play madden, for some reason it's no where near as good. Putting most of the NCAA team on madden will do nothing but help the game improve.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-02-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #211
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
What's the consensus on NCAA. IMO 14 is a very solid football game. In fact I put it up there with one of the best football games ever made in terms of gameplay. However when I try and play madden, for some reason it's no where near as good. Putting most of the NCAA team on madden will do nothing but help the game improve.
I've heard this a lot but I've never completely understood it. NCAA gets the big feature from Madden every year, just a year later. I do think that allows them to polish it a bit more whereas madden tends to ignore it and move on to the next back of the box thing, but the games are not much different otherwise in my opinion. I don't see ncaa devs coming in and changing madden at all.

For me, madden is a lost cause at this point. I hate throw a wr open. I can't stress that enough, I hate it. The wrs instantly react to every pass while the trajectories are terrible. On top of that, there is no fight for the football because the wrs go into a catch animation while running away from the football and the
Dbs attack it.

Personally, this games passing is on par with tecmo being so outdated and arcadey it looks goofy in a game today that claims to be simulation. I can't see NCAA having the same system and being one of the best games ever made. To be fair, I never bothered with NCAA this year though because I'm not a college guy and I've felt it was overrated in the past.

To me, these game has 3 main gameplay aspects , the running game, passing game and defense. One third is completely broken (passing), and one third is flat out boring or feels like you have very little input as a user (defense). At least the running game isn't too bad.

The only hope in my opinion is that this transformation is real and they've completely scrapped the old ps3/Xbox360 for a true next-gen foundation. That or we've got competition back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #212
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I've heard this a lot but I've never completely understood it. NCAA gets the big feature from Madden every year, just a year later. I do think that allows them to polish it a bit more whereas madden tends to ignore it and move on to the next back of the box thing, but the games are not much different otherwise in my opinion. I don't see ncaa devs coming in and changing madden at all.

For me, madden is a lost cause at this point. I hate throw a wr open. I can't stress that enough, I hate it. The wrs instantly react to every pass while the trajectories are terrible. On top of that, there is no fight for the football because the wrs go into a catch animation while running away from the football and the
Dbs attack it.

Personally, this games passing is on par with tecmo being so outdated and arcadey it looks goofy in a game today that claims to be simulation. I can't see NCAA having the same system and being one of the best games ever made. To be fair, I never bothered with NCAA this year though because I'm not a college guy and I've felt it was overrated in the past.

To me, these game has 3 main gameplay aspects , the running game, passing game and defense. One third is completely broken (passing), and one third is flat out boring or feels like you have very little input as a user (defense). At least the running game isn't too bad.

The only hope in my opinion is that this transformation is real and they've completely scrapped the old ps3/Xbox360 for a true next-gen foundation. That or we've got competition back.
Since they are still making the game for the 360 and the PS3, I don't see them scrapping it all together. Thank goodness too since a lot of his haven't bought an Xbox One or PS4 yet.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #213
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Since they are still making the game for the 360 and the PS3, I don't see them scrapping it all together. Thank goodness too since a lot of his haven't bought an Xbox One or PS4 yet.
You miss understood me I think. I'm sure they will continue to release a ps3/360 game for years yet. But the ps4 game is just an improved port of that game. They need to make a brand new game for the new consoles if you ask me.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #214
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I assume we won't see anything til E3. Was hoping we would get a little something pre E3

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #215
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You miss understood me I think. I'm sure they will continue to release a ps3/360 game for years yet. But the ps4 game is just an improved port of that game. They need to make a brand new game for the new consoles if you ask me.
Agreed, the engine is a dinosaur, but the possibility of a new model is out the window until PS5? and XBOX whatever. We're stuck with this one for the rest of this generation unless something breaks with licensing or some AAA takes the risky unlicensed path.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »