Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #201
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Idk what they do with the animations, but they look so herky jerky and robotic, as if they computer animated instead of motion captured. Like everything is so sped up it looks un-natural. That is 1 thing about Madden that has always failed to immerse me in the game of football, was it's horrible animations.
I don't see that changing. Madden has always been developed with a focus on user control and responsiveness, at the cost of realistic movement. The tourney players complain every time EA moves in the right direction. The player movement in madden 11 compared to 10 is the perfect example.

A big complaint of mine is how on defense the swat button often turns into an interception attempt. For how much realism gets sacrificed to get turn on a dime movements, why can't EA at least make the buttons respond to what they are designated to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #202
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

I won't comment on what I feel should be added to the game as far as customization and gameplay goes because I think there are some great points so far in this thread.

As far as atmosphere and presentation, I want to feel like I am watching a game on Sunday afternoon or Monday/Thursday night. I want the immersion that comes with sitting on my couch with some beers, hearing the crowd around me, "real-time" crowd and sideline shots, pre-grame/halftime/post-game presentation, interesting and relevant commentary and some real level of interactivity...if that makes any sense.

I really just want to feel like I am watching a game.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #203
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Every OS veteran: "Yeah, right." "I don't trust EA to live up to it's own hype" "I'll wait for reviews" "More of the same" "Blah blah blah"

Every 12-17 year old in America: "This is going to be the best Madden EVER!"

I'll buy it either way. It's my sole option for football gaming. I'm growing to almost hate the act of giving EA this annual $60 but who am I kidding? Just no other options.....a lot like my cable company and my inability to get Dish/DirecTV where I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #204
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Every OS veteran: "Yeah, right." "I don't trust EA to live up to it's own hype" "I'll wait for reviews" "More of the same" "Blah blah blah"

Every 12-17 year old in America: "This is going to be the best Madden EVER!"

I'll buy it either way. It's my sole option for football gaming. I'm growing to almost hate the act of giving EA this annual $60 but who am I kidding? Just no other options.....a lot like my cable company and my inability to get Dish/DirecTV where I live.
You forgot to add that 9 out of 10 of the OS Vets who say that buy it anyway, no matter what.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #205
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
You forgot to add that 9 out of 10 of the OS Vets who say that buy it anyway, no matter what.

Yeah, that's me. I don't do midnight releases anymore but if I want my spot in my leagues I need it pretty early on. I wish I enjoyed other sports more sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #206
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
If Sony San Diego, 2k, or SOMEONE made a football game smfh. They better have revamped EVERYTHING for PS4/Xbox One. I don't want to hate Madden, I want a great football game like NFL 2k5. Having not been able to buy Madden since Madden 08 since it's all the same crap and only little rumors of 2k or other companies recruiting developers and preparing for a football game is disheartening. I wouldn't mind a game like NFL 2k5 without NFL teams and all that. Just give me a fully featured game with a deep franchise mode, career mode, customization, and good online play. Everyone being able to customize teams like crazy and use them for online leagues is dope. This is getting goddamn ridiculous. Hell, EA should make baseball again so The Show has competition. At least The Show has actually been great without competition unlike Madden....
Old 06-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #207
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
The irony to me is how little will power it actually takes. A week and a half after 25 released, I could've grabbed a used copy. I held out til early October when Amazon gave me a kindle offer of 5 bucks to get the game.

I personally wish I hadn't bought it at that price but I feel I'm in a very small minority who dislike it that much. Most are there buying within the first week every year.

Last edited by kjcheezhead; 06-02-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #208
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The irony to me is how little will power it actually takes. A week and a half after 25 released, I could've grabbed a used copy. I held out til early October when Amazon gave me a kindle offer of 5 bucks to get the game.

I personally wish I hadn't bought it at that price but I feel I'm in a very small minority who dislike it that much. Most are there buying within the first week every year.
It was a sorta catch 22 for me for awhile because I didn't want to support the status quo but I also wanted to play the game enough to judge it fairly. That is until I finally started Redbox-ing it, which allowed my to do both. Hopefully Redbox starts to carry PS4/Xbox1 games soon so I can continue with that formula.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »