Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-05-2014, 03:51 PM   #369
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Ok guys, bought this for nothing at gamestop today. Had a $20 off preowned plus a gift card and figured why not at $22. We all talk how madden needs competition well shoes on the other foot so again why not.

Played a few quick games while it went through the installation and I'm really impressed how far it came from the demo. I don't think I was at the full stage because I didn't have certain features which made me think I didn't have the patches. Pacing and floor space feels great. I think ill actually have to play full quarters to replicate stats. Still learning the inside. Feels over powered slightly? Idk but it might be some user error. Steal button works better!

I need to find the practice arena, but this reminds me of the live with Gilbert on the cover. I had many who played high school basketball at that time say they preferred live over 2k because it was more accurate. Not perfect but closer. I've played 2k and graphically was great, but felt like a run fest. This game isn't perfect, but where it positioned itself in the end people should pick it up with an open mind for the future
they definitely got a lot right. but the paint/post abuse by the cpu is what kills it for me.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #370
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
they definitely got a lot right. but the paint/post abuse by the cpu is what kills it for me.
I use the pack paint defense strategy and it helps.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #371
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I use the pack paint defense strategy and it helps.
does it stop them from going into the paint/post so much or does it just make them miss more down there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #372
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
does it stop them from going into the paint/post so much or does it just make them miss more down there?
I've noticed some quicker help, but it can leave them open for 3's. What I do if I am strong side is call a double team then shift my player half way between the two perimeter players in anticipation for the kick out. Weak side I bring my corner/wing defender to deny the post entry pass. It doesn'tcompletely stop then but it cuts down on the easy points.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #373
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I've noticed some quicker help, but it can leave them open for 3's. What I do if I am strong side is call a double team then shift my player half way between the two perimeter players in anticipation for the kick out. Weak side I bring my corner/wing defender to deny the post entry pass. It doesn'tcompletely stop then but it cuts down on the easy points.
im not as concerned about the points as much as the frequency which the cpu goes to the post. it seems like about 9 of every 10 plays is a post up.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #374
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

I hear you on the paint. I got mad because it seemed every game I was playing it would go paint post move and then dunk. I started trying to flow to the side they wanted to go and it eased up some. Still way to easy for the CPU in the paint
Old 05-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #375
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

OVR: 2

What I do is I back out of the post defense animation and play them straight up, I just don't let them even get in the post animation, it works really well as it eliminates 95% of the attempts at the superman spin. So when you defending and they pass to the post, I literally press the right stick away from the offensive player and it kicks them out of the animation. They offensive player either takes a close jump shot or a pass out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #376
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Really sat down and played this game at a friends house . Wow! I'm impressed gameplay is underrated. No sliding , no stuck in animations , no overpowering animations at the rim. No stupid turnover animations . It actually feels more sim than 2k .

But the game is uglyyyy. If live up the graphics I'm definitely picking up 15
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »