Home

OS Roundtable: The Winner of the NFL Draft in Madden

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: The Winner of the NFL Draft in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: The Winner of the NFL Draft in Madden

The NFL offseason is highlighted each spring by the NFL Draft, and now that we're beyond it -- assessing each team and how they are going to be affected by the various moves made on draft day is now the name of the game for NFL fans.

As long anticipated, Jadeveon Clowney was selected as the top overall draft pick. As perhaps (not fully) expected, Johnny Manziel fell to the bottom third of the first round. And everything in between? A few shockers, some solid picks, and some futures made just a little bit brighter.

But not every team can have a great draft and not every franchise is guaranteed a spot at the playoff table -- someone has to lose the draft and eventually lose on the field as well. When it comes to Madden, the game tends to unfairly weigh position/skill players over all others -- so with that in mind, which franchise will see more users than ever playing with them heading into Madden NFL 15?

Read More - OS Roundtable: The Winner of the NFL Draft in Madden
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0
For it, it's the Jags. I'll definitely be doing a CFM with them.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OS Roundtable: The Winner of the NFL Draft in Madden

wow would EA really take Gordon out???? he's smoking he's not out doing drive bys and killing ppl like hernandez did if anything they should just lower him on the depth chart.

i'll be ticked off if I pop my madden 15 disc in and see Gordon not in the game.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
wow would EA really take Gordon out???? he's smoking he's not out doing drive bys and killing ppl like hernandez did if anything they should just lower him on the depth chart.

i'll be ticked off if I pop my madden 15 disc in and see Gordon not in the game.
That's strange to me, since MLB 14: The Show still has Alex Rodriguez in it, despite HIS season-long suspension for steroid use. (His photo is not in the game, but his player model is, and yes, he's addressed by name.)

Maybe the NFL and MLB have different suspension rules regarding video games. Or maybe Tiburon and Sony San Diego have different rules regarding who should be in the game. Who knows.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The way MLB 14 The Show handled A-Rod this year, you can use him in offline modes and Diamond Dynasty (The Show's version of Ultimate Team), but he cannot be used in online exhibition games or online home run derby.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There's precedent for the NFL removing suspended players and coaches from the game entirely, most recently with the New Orleans Saints bounty ordeal. Sean Payton and Jon Vilma were removed from the game entirely for Madden NFL 13, though Vilma was present as an unretiring player in Connected Careers mode.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
Until there is player uniqueness that makes one player play differently than another, this question can't be answered.

The utilization of generic ratings driven animations prevents individual player "skill sets" from standing out.
Put Manziel at DE and for the most part, he will animate "exactly" the same as Clowney.

Play wise, the AI will use the same programming for both, with no regard to them being totally different players.

Until this changes, every team, video game wise is still the same, which voids the inclusion of the draft as a whole.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Houston or St Louis.

Houstons players that stand out:
Clowney - maybe the best player in the draft
Su'a-Filo - 1st round talent and quite possibly the best interior player on the O-line in this years draft
Nix III - good anchor on the inside
Savage - raw, but great arm-talent

St Louis:
Robinson - best runblocker in the draft. However, raw when it comes to passblocking
Donald - reminds me of Sapp
Joyner - undersized but great tackler
Mason - runs hard
Gaines - underrated

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »