Home

NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-16-2014, 12:41 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I like this addition, but only if they've made these teams completely editable and they don't use these players likenesses for missing players. Adding more diverse teams and play styles is always a good thing, IMO. They gotta make the atmosphere and court appearance more authentic too.

The addition of more legend/historic teams is dependent on too many variables, so I believe that is a feature that will be decreasing and not increasing.
Respectfully, which variables may you be referring when speaking of classic teams? With the exception of 2-4 prominent stars (Charles Barkley, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Reggie Miller and Chris Webber), 2K has seemed very capable of getting just about any other player to agree to have their likeness used in their series. We tend to focus on who is not in versus who has actually agreed in the past (virtually every other legend in NBA history).

Further, I say this with less certainty, but I feel as though I heard before that there's a number of retired players who can be used collectively if they're all a part of the retired players association with which 2K comes to terms. This would mean, in theory, while Scottie Pippin may require individual negotiation at some point, Tom Tolbert may not. Either way, it hasn't seemed to be too much of an effort for 2K to maintain the classics as they are. They appeared to be largely ignored for the previous two years while still providing 7-11 authentic players on each roster.

Even then, if securing rights did become a problem, there's many classic teams that could be used that'd require little else but an authentic classic court, jerseys (which may already exist) and some player re-allocation. We always go back to this, but many players for the 2000 Toronto Raptors are already in 2K. However, it's tough to create that squad from scratch while using a homecourt that is so distinct to the current Raptors squad while some of the players included could probably benefit from an art update and signatures (ex: a younger Vince Carter).

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-16-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total of 25 Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
For whatever it's worth, May 16 is historically extremely early for any NBA 2K news. I cannot recall a time in the past where we've ever really received something of substance at this point. For instance, the 2k14 soundtrack was not announced last year until the end of July.

That said, if you were just being sarcastic, it went straight over my head.
Umm, i think you have your facts screwed up bro. Historically, 2k up until 2 years ago released info on the soundtrack in the beginning of the year.
They even used to look towards the 2k community for input for the upcoming soundtrack. Hosting contests to see who could be a producer or an mc and find themselves on the next NBA 2k soundtrack. This is before all the money got to their heads. Now they're no different from how EA is. If anything, the soundtrack to a game should be one of the first things taken care of from a videogame because it has nothing to do with actually creating the game. How hard could it be to select 20 songs to be on a soundtrack and let us in on it a few months before the game drops? it would cost them nothing.(not literally, but you know what im saying.)

Check the dates VDusen!

This was for 2k11
">

This was for 2k12

">
Old 05-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Umm, i think you have your facts screwed up bro. Historically, 2k up until 2 years ago released info on the soundtrack in the beginning of the year.
They even used to look towards the 2k community for input for the upcoming soundtrack. Hosting contests to see who could be a producer or an mc and find themselves on the next NBA 2k soundtrack. This is before all the money got to their heads. Now they're no different from how EA is. If anything, the soundtrack to a game should be one of the first things taken care of from a videogame because it has nothing to do with actually creating the game. How hard could it be to select 20 songs to be on a soundtrack and let us in on it a few months before the game drops? it would cost them nothing.(not literally, but you know what im saying.)

Check the dates VDusen!

This was for 2k11
">

This was for 2k12

">
I believe we were on two different wavelengths in this regard. It was my belief you were referencing the release of the soundtrack as news. I did not understand you were referring to the announcement of soundtrack contests. I admit the contest announcements often slip under my radar because they feature little to no worthy information.

My cited dates were in reference to the releasing of the actual track lists, which tend to come at the end of July (http://www.operationsports.com/news/...press-release/).

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-16-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #44
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

I may be in the minority here, but this is exactly what I have been hoping for. I get the legends angle, I really do. I have fun playing with them against my buddies. But I spend 90% of my time in MyGM/Association modes. I enjoyed playing exhibition games with the Euro squads, too. I even discovered a few players I really like and would love to play a Euro season with and try to win a title. Even if for no other reason than a change of pace. I think that it could add more depth to the Association or even MyPlayer modes if done right. Imagine being able to draft the rights to a player in the Euro League and being able to play with them before they come across the pond. Maybe even have the player decide to stay over there like Ricky Rubio did a few years back. More options is always good IMO.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I believe we were on two different wavelengths in this regard. It was my belief you were referencing the release of the soundtrack as news. I did not understand you were referring to the announcement of soundtrack contests. I admit the contest announcements often slip under my radar because they feature little to no worthy information.

My cited dates were in reference to the releasing of the actual track lists, which tend to come at the end of July (http://www.operationsports.com/news/...press-release/).
ahhh...i get what you're saying bro. i stand corrected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #46
Rookie

MikeJ2021's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know about others but this is very disappointing news to me. I'm not against Euro league teams and I like the idea of including them because this game is a global game. But this just lets me know that, once again, 2K is ignoring the D League and the Summer League.

The D League is too important to the NBA to keep ignoring it. Adding the D League and the Summer League to MyPlayer and MYGM would only increase the depths of these modes and put it up there with MLB The Show, NHL and FIFA as far as being the greatest modes sports games have to offer. Instead they just keep focusing on attracting more money and more attention.

I wouldn't be disappointed if I knew they were capable of adding the Euro teams and the D League. I mean, The Show has 90 teams and over 2,700 players in the game that are all editable in some way and that's been going on way before PS4 so 2K has no excuse. However, I'm pretty sure that if 2K hasn't added that many players and teams then, they won't do so now.

This isn't a deal breaker for me and I'm going to be the ones preordering it, just for the opportunity to play with Wiggins, Parker and Embiid alone, but this news does nothing for me.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
Basketball is a global game but this is NBA 2k and not Basketball 2k.
So if we follow your great logic, that means in Madden 15 they should onle have teams part of the "Madden league"!! What a great videogame that can be.
As a Spaniard I am very happy for the new, but to be honest. The Legend Teams from NBA2k12 was the best ever, and until they don't do something like that, NBA2k won't be the same. I have friends that since then haven't bought the game.
Also, I don't even know were they have the Euroleague in the last game. The menu is just horrendous...like my English.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #48
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021
I don't know about others but this is very disappointing news to me. I'm not against Euro league teams and I like the idea of including them because this game is a global game. But this just lets me know that, once again, 2K is ignoring the D League and the Summer League.

The D League is too important to the NBA to keep ignoring it. Adding the D League and the Summer League to MyPlayer and MYGM would only increase the depths of these modes and put it up there with MLB The Show, NHL and FIFA as far as being the greatest modes sports games have to offer. Instead they just keep focusing on attracting more money and more attention.

I wouldn't be disappointed if I knew they were capable of adding the Euro teams and the D League. I mean, The Show has 90 teams and over 2,700 players in the game that are all editable in some way and that's been going on way before PS4 so 2K has no excuse. However, I'm pretty sure that if 2K hasn't added that many players and teams then, they won't do so now.

This isn't a deal breaker for me and I'm going to be the ones preordering it, just for the opportunity to play with Wiggins, Parker and Embiid alone, but this news does nothing for me.
Who said they are abandoning the D-League idea? No where in the news does it state anything regarding that. It was just news that they are adding 11 more Euroleague teams.

Maybe this is the year they add all sorts of features and make it an amazing game and maybe it isn't. We don't know and won't know until the game is out.

Stop reading so much into this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »