Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #73
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Here's the thing with Opinions, everyone has one....i wont finish the statement
for effective use of brevity.

anyhow, just because one guy makes a quote, doesnt make it the TRUTH.

The fact of the matter is, to even say that giving control back to arcade users would suggest that 2k releases an arcade basketball game on an annual basis. Which in fact it DOESN't. This is a sport simulation game, so giving control back to the user, would be giving back to ALL USERS. However the USERS Play style is dependent upon them. Not everyone who picks up these sticks plays the same, but everyone should be given the chance to play a product from 2k thats fun to play, and easy to pick up, but hard to master.

The controls and input timing for Current gen(PS4 & Xbox One) are lacking and need to be addressed. If one thing is certain, It's that we can all agree that 2k's Bread and butter has always been their gameplay. Whether you agree or not is up to you, but in the end, fixing what has been a staple of your flagship sports title shouldnt be considered "angling towards the arcade crowd". It should be more like right the ship and get back to what made us #1 in the first place.

thats all im saying.
Absolutely. I think there is a level just to the left of better control where a dev makes a decision to make a game more responsive vs more realistic.

As an example there was a game that was cancelled where the dev's made the decision to not force a defensive player to bend their legs to jump so that when you challenged a shot it would register immediately.

THAT is where I am against the games going. I don't think 2k was ever there, and I don't want them to confuse my desire for more control( Like we should already have) for me wanting an unrealistic version of basketball simply for instantaneous control.

I think the fact that nobody has really nailed it yet must mean it is very difficult to accomplish.

I fully expect to get dam close this gen between the two competitive products we get to choose from.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 05-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #74
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Spoiler

Like I've said to the other poster, I agree w/ you on the other things especially the crossovers. I don't really like them on 2K13, because it's like I am not even sure what my player will do. With 2K11, I knew exactly the move I was going to pull off.

We just kind of parted ways on the stamina part. I simply feel like it gives us that middle ground saying you can't just iso and crossover all game long without being punished.

Being tired is the most realistic punishment. Rather that than just losing the ball out of bounds or something.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I have to tell you that The park has made me a believer that crew would be DOPE if they can do it right on this Gen.

I didn't "get" crew back then but after having some great runs in the park in 3v3 and 2v2... I think crew would be unreal with real arena's and rules and jerseys. I think that would be the future for Competitive E sports as far as hoop goes.

I would even be down with Rucker type tournaments for crew vs crew battles but I know everyone wants Arena's and Jersey's and rules and I do too.

As far as the cover you never know if the Marketing guys are just being creative or if it is a unified plan to be cryptic. I really really hope they bring it back. I know I have talked to everyone who would listen from the President on down as to how important that mode is to the real fans of the game.

But Czar has seen the crew lights fam LOL. I mean it is SOOOO dope when you get a good run in vs other ballers I can't even imagine what 5 vs 5 in real gyms with real rules would feel like. Especially if 2k can (fingers double crossed) finally conquer their online demons.
HELL EMPHATIC YEAHHH!!! Da CZAR gets it....omg...i thought i was on the minority side of this. Thanks man. That really means alot that someone in your position feels so strongly about crew as much as i do. It's on record that Ronnie 2k, Dev Rob Jones and quite a few others involved with 2kSports are HUUUGE fans of the MyCrew Mode. I just dont get why it would take so long to get this done?

">

">

">

So what do you think? Has OUR TIME COME FOR CREW MODE to return?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 03:08 AM   #76
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

It is good to see Mr Durant as the cover of 2k15. He deserves the accolades.

My hope is that essential "sim" elements are brought back from prior years and that is what they mean by: "Your Time has Come".

The D-League as part of the MyCareer experience, the Combine and less story-board story-telling as a vehicle for creating our own NBA story - I don't need dynamic challenges to say I should score 10 more points in a game I already have scored 36 and having a social media challenge of 15 assists when my team desperately is in need of defense is just wrong.

Please allow fast breaks and charges as were experienced in 2k10 and stop trying to complicate the control system into little mini-games to simulate "challenge". Remove the "Flopping" choice - it is something that the NBA itself is trying to limit with fines so why encourage awful arcady playstyles that rely on cheap button mashing in order to try to get your opponent caught in a turnover?

Most of all, please rethink your vc micro-transaction approach. You really excited me by hiring Leftos from our community here. He even went to work on a mode that sorely needed some help, yet the very fact that you entwined vc requirements into even the most basic operations of that mode really betrayed the vision he tried to bring us.

2k15 is the last year I am going to plan to purchase in advance and whatever 2k does will determine if I and the others who purchase games in my extended family will continue to support the company.

If my time has come let us hope that the roots that established 2k as a past favorite were tended because if some really fundamental basics are not focused on it will be my time to move on.

Edit: Bring the PC version into the xbox1/ps4 category of graphics - it is time.

Last edited by Taer; 05-09-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I think i said this long time ago: If 2K ever manage to create a game which give the users total control of the gameplay and somehow still manage to maintain all these animations and simulation factors intact....it will be the best basketball game ever created. But for whatever reason, every year, they can't do it. The game either skewed heavily toward canimation simulation (which defeat the purpose of having the fun factor by lack of user control) or skewed heavily toward non-canimation a la 2k7 (which give user total control of the game resulting in the ultimate fun factor). The game never truly fine the sweet spot needed to satisfy both the sim and the casual general gamer.
ya 2k7 had great controls, that steve nash tutorial blew my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »