Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #57
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Well I apologize for thinking that MY TIME HAS COME had anything to do with 2k actually paying attention to what consumers wanted in their next installment of NBA 2K.

Forget about graphics and looks....THATS secondary. Whats ALWAYS separated the 2K series from Live, NBA JAM, and countless other franchises that have gon the way of the ThrowBack Jersey has always been 2k developers focus on how the game plays. Controls controls controls.

Mike Wang Left 2k for one year and the NBA Live series released its best game to date. Mike Wang coming back focused soley on controls and i dont know what he saw over at EA sports, he's been tinkering with how the game plays over the past few years to try and get 2k to play more like live. you know why? Its because of how fluid the controls on live played.

23, why do you think 2k releases a control video for every new iteration of their basketball game? Because thats whats most important to us gamers. Thats 2k's bread and butter. If gameplay, including crossovers, dribbling, and player movement on the court is SECONDARY to YOU, what in the world should 2k's attention be on as a PRIMARY focus?
Im not here to be questioned by you

I only posted because of all of the complaining that goes on and alot of it is warranted then there is unnecessary stuff spewed continually.

One thing I'll say to you is not to bypass the language filter anymore like you did in one of your previous posts because its an infraction and a ban, FYI

I dont care what your issues are with the game, but you can talk about it without breaking the TOS.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im not here to be questioned by you

I only posted because of all of the complaining that goes on and alot of it is warranted then there is unnecessary stuff spewed continually.

One thing I'll say to you is not to bypass the language filter anymore like you did in one of your previous posts because its an infraction and a ban, FYI

I dont care what your issues are with the game, but you can talk about it without breaking the TOS.
First of all, no one comes on here to be spoken to like they are peasants, so cool out with the holier than thou attitude.

second, when did i break the TOS? We're talking about basketball and the game of 2k as to which it relates. At what point did i "bypss the language filter"? I wrote too many posts to keep track of every single word spoken in here, but i dont recall me cursing on here. If i did, my bad, but umm...btw you and me, lets stick to basketball, because this isnt the forum nor the discussion i was trying to have with you nor anyonelse on here. Thank you.

Last edited by Mrleaderboards; 05-08-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #59
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I love it. It's impossible to dislike KD. Perfect choice by 2K.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 05-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #60
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
First of all, no one comes on here to be spoken to like they are peasants, so cool out with the holier than thou attitude.

second, when did i break the TOS? We're talking about basketball and the game of 2k as to which it relates. At what point did i "bypss the language filter"? I wrote too many posts to keep track of every single word spoken in here, but i dont recall me cursing on here. If i did, my bad, but umm...btw you and me, lets stick to basketball, because this isnt the forum nor the discussion i was trying to have with you nor anyonelse on here. Thank you.

Quote:
you're bugging bro. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN ON A DIME!

This slow a s s game sucks bro. Its the ONLY basketball game available, and as a fan of videogames and basketball, i dont have a choice but to play this.
Iwould prefer to be able to control my guys on the court as i see fit than to adhere to the logic and stiff player movements and terrible button responses on 2k.
Why else do you think people who have been playing this franchise for so long, dream of 2k going back to the "way it used to be"? Older games gave us more controls, more options, better game modes, and didnt charge us for petty stuff like arm bands, headbands and other accessories.
I dont mind change....change can be good...but it also can be bad.
Honestly, ever since 2k12, i saw that the change that 2k was going for was not in a good direction. They started feeling themselves and lost sight of what got them to the position that they were in(NBA 2k11-2010) the first place.

Ill you you figure out which words you took the time to space out to make sure it made it into your post because YOU KNOW the site stars out the word. Lets not act like we don't know what happened all of a sudden.

Profanity
Keep offensive language to a minimum. While we might let you get away with something you might hear on network television (no, NOT cable) or radio, don't go overboard. Simply editing a few letters with an asterisk or other symbols isn't allowed, either. A simple rule to follow is: "when in doubt, leave it out." You don't have to use excessive profanity to get your point across, and it's usually better to avoid it altogether.

So no, im dont talk to people like peasants whatever that means. I told you that you broke the TOS on purpose and I gave you a warning.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #61
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
Just bring back crew and copy club mode from nhl/fifa. Also copy the jersey/logo customization from diamon dynasty on mlb the show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #62
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Ummm just a question...If it was FUN then, why wouldn't having controls back in our hands be FUN NOW? You kind of lost me with that. It's almost as if you're saying since we got older, and 2k has grown as a team, fun should should stay in the past, and boring mini-movies(canimations) thaT WE CANT CANCEL, at anytime is the wave of the future and we should just accept it.

Nah bro...

Why can't we have fun playing 2k? Isnt this what brought, you, myself, and millions of other players across the world together in the first place? The controls of previous 2k Games up until 2k12 were great. They allowed you to play sim, while still FEELING FUN at the same time. I'm all for foot planting and what have you, but dont take away how the game feels. And if you do change the way the game feels, make it better, not worse. if you get burned by someone doing a crossover, just switch defenders....thats what happens in real life...

ASK Samuel Dalembert....he's got andre millers back

all im saying to you 24th Letter is to see that it might be better to ask 2K to bring controls back in the hands of the user, than to say things are fine as is, and the direction 2k has been going is ok. That's a disservice to everyone on this forum who see's 2K Sports as a forward thinking game company who prides themselves on focusing on what the consumer has to say about their final overall product.

I literally can't follow what your talking about man....there's so many random *** tangents in here you lost me....

Well just agree to disagree...
Old 05-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I literally can't follow what your talking about man....there's so many random *** tangents in here you lost me....

Well just agree to disagree...
I think i said this long time ago: If 2K ever manage to create a game which give the users total control of the gameplay and somehow still manage to maintain all these animations and simulation factors intact....it will be the best basketball game ever created. But for whatever reason, every year, they can't do it. The game either skewed heavily toward canimation simulation (which defeat the purpose of having the fun factor by lack of user control) or skewed heavily toward non-canimation a la 2k7 (which give user total control of the game resulting in the ultimate fun factor). The game never truly fine the sweet spot needed to satisfy both the sim and the ****** general gamer.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #64
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I think i said this long time ago: If 2K ever manage to create a game which give the users total control of the gameplay and somehow still manage to maintain all these animations and simulation factors intact....it will be the best basketball game ever created. But for whatever reason, every year, they can't do it. The game either skewed heavily toward canimation simulation (which defeat the purpose of having the fun factor by lack of user control) or skewed heavily toward non-canimation a la 2k7 (which give user total control of the game resulting in the ultimate fun factor). The game never truly fine the sweet spot needed to satisfy both the sim and the ****** general gamer.
My man reptile still repping that 2k7 I See. LOL respect fam you are the definition of consistent.

Love KD especially since he just won the MVP and had that other turrible cover experience.

There is a big difference between realistic stopping on a dime and sprinting full speed and change directions with zero slow down or consequences.

#ComeonSon haha

To clarify I dont think anyone is saying that the current input delays and extra animations are realistic.

What I'm saying is as you make that better do t defy the laws of physics soley to give arcade users more control.

Give them more control in a realistic manner.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »