Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Would've preferred Steph Curry as the cover athlete but Durant is good too.. He deserves it..
Old 05-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayytoocheezy39
Would've preferred Steph Curry as the cover athlete but Durant is good too.. He deserves it..
Yeah, that would have been neat too. I would have gone with...

Old 05-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #35
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayytoocheezy39
That would be awesome.

Congrats to KD,

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

I wonder what they will do with PC version because I'm having a blast with Spurs and don't plan on stopping.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Since we're throwing Hail Marys based on a picture, why can't "Your time has come" mean our feedback has been taken to heart and will be implemented in the game?

Congrats to KD on the cover
Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #38
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The game looks robotic because it is robotic and stiff, no animations and frankly EA never gave a crap about making their models move like humans. It wasn't that bad on the PS2/xbox. Frankly the controls are worse than what they were in the past and there are so many people contradicting what they want on these forums im not sure if people know what the heck they want anymore.

Let's not start over exxaggerating what's going on here. The game might have alot of animations but that doesn't mean you can't control anything. I think there are things they need to really fix, add some RT physics, remove some things but I rarely say "dang I played a whole game and the entire time I didn't control not one move".

You guys with the hyperbole man, its gotten old as heck.

Anyway, KD is popular right now, and I have no idea how they choose who's to represent but I wonder if there will be some kind of Durant mode or something

I know u like the game 23 just as much as any of us around here and we are with u, but at times I feel like ur reading too much into other people opinion against what they don't like about the game...

check my gamertag if u may and it will reveal that I have played every single one that can show history since achievements were introduced and it goes even further back to first one ever published......what I am getting at is my onion is valid just as any other person on here so I take everybody else's likewise, so that include urs as well

with that said, I agree that the animations are a double edge sword, it provides a beautiful realistic looking game, jus that it doesn't feel like it...
controls has taken a regression and the response time is frustrating...passing alone to get passer and receiver to line up cause delays and unnecessary animation that looks awkward and unnatural

now they got rid of the two man animations, so the illusion of great defense and player awareness was gone for the sake of a bit more freedom and control, and am all for it

most people that don't have much complains about the game seems to be those that play player vs CPu modes....
players like myself who only plays User VS user online and offline are the ones who seem to have the most to say

why? because the game seem predicated towards VS AI modes... with regards to the AI playing and reacting compared to real life teams...now this is awesome and am sure hard to do as developers .......

but it never seems to play differently when playing a user it feels like ur still playing the AI that is trying to reenact and duplicate real to life rebounding stats and pace that it feels like it is forced on the users...
like rebounding..i still feel like it is a movie many times I try to jump for a rebound and no animation plays out or it is delayed so joakim could get a rebound I was in a better position to get and never got it just so a better rebounder than Bosh am controlling can get it

so to each his own other people play the game differently and will have different experience while doing so....am not comparing that game to another other than itself and nba 2k14 in my opinion on next gen is a regression gameplay wise than the previous

great to see Durant making so much stride with basketball and accomplishing a lot in his career....I want nba 2k15 to be a great game, actually am wishing for it....but this time around I will be more patient before buying

Last edited by kolanji; 05-07-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #39
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

If curry keeps it up he'll have his moment but durant is the ideal choice especially the year he had and winning MVP. Him and born can be argued as 1 and 1a. His sneaker is out selling lebrons and his popularity is growing with all the commercials it's almost a no brainer. I think Blake griffin has a better stake on the cover the curry he stepped his game up to another level that most didn't think he was capable of and also has a lot of star power
Old 05-07-2014, 10:06 PM   #40
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
I know u like the game 23 just as much as any of us around here and we are with u, but at times I feel like ur reading too much into other people opinion against what they don't like about the game...

check my gamertag if u may and it will reveal that I have played every single one that can show history since achievements were introduced and it goes even further back to first one ever published......what I am getting at is my onion is valid just as any other person on here so I take everybody else's likewise, so that include urs as well

with that said, I agree that the animations are a double edge sword, it provides a beautiful realistic looking game, jus that it doesn't feel like it...
controls has taken a regression and the response time is frustrating...passing alone to get passer and receiver to line up cause delays and unnecessary animation that looks awkward and unnatural

now they got rid of the two man animations, so the illusion of great defense and player awareness was gone for the sake of a bit more freedom and control, and am all for it

most people that don't have much complains about the game seems to be those that play player vs CPu modes....
players like myself who only plays User VS user online and offline are the ones who seem to have the most to say

why? because the game seem predicated towards VS AI modes... with regards to the AI playing and reacting compared to real life teams...now this is awesome and am sure hard to do as developers .......

but it never seems to play differently when playing a user it feels like ur still playing the AI that is trying to reenact and duplicate real to life rebounding stats and pace that it feels like it is forced on the users...
like rebounding..i still feel like it is a movie many times I try to jump for a rebound and no animation plays out or it is delayed so joakim could get a rebound I was in a better position to get and never got it just so a better rebounder than Bosh am controlling can get it

so to each his own other people play the game differently and will have different experience while doing so....am not comparing that game to another other than itself and nba 2k14 in my opinion on next gen is a regression gameplay wise than the previous

great to see Durant making so much stride with basketball and accomplishing a lot in his career....I want nba 2k15 to be a great game, actually am wishing for it....but this time around I will be more patient before buying
I like the series but I do have many problems with the game, but im not coming here to write a book because its basically been done to death here from day 1.

My point is, people complain so much you'd think this game was a piece of garbage and its not. Its not their best iteration but its not the worst either.

I see less and less of telling 2k what was right and more about whats wrong 24/7. Bringing up NBA Live is the biggest joke trying to justify a stance because its just not even close, im sorry.

Don't get me wrong, I think its justified too because I for one cannot stand the online aspect/direction/priority this game has taken. I dont care for those modes and they arent the reason I ever played 2k but thats another subject. I've spoken against it many times, and they need to fix the issues at hand most definitely. I don't care for the hype the way its presented like the userbase are all 8th graders and I would love for them to expand on NBA stuff more than just making everything about My player, parks and crap. IMO it has ruined the game catering to this crowd. You don't have to agree but that's just what I see.

It was a thought that I had just from seeing alot of posts here and there.

I agree with you about the issues with animations which is why I made that reference, I just dont feel like writing a book about it everyday on the forum.

The hyperbole stuff though man, sometimes its just too much.

Last edited by 23; 05-07-2014 at 10:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »