Home

More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #129
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

People seem to get "user control" mis-understood.. EA can give us the ultimate amount of control over our players they want, but they can make it realistic as well. If I'm running the ball with Barry Sanders I should be able to cut, juke and spin at just about any speed I'm running at. If I'm using a guy like Toby Gerhart I can still TRY these moves at these speeds (that's under my control) but actually EXECUTING these moves should be hard as hell. If I'm using a pure power back like Brandon Jacobs, speed moves should not work.. I should stumble, lose large amounts of momentum or fall when I try.

Trucking defensive lineman/linebackers should be almost non-existent for players like Darren Sproles or Chris Johnson. That doesn't mean a power move can't happen depending on the physics, angles and momentum on a certain play.. But there needs to be more variety and disparity.

Ratings mean nothing in these current gen games. I can use a 70 overall WR with a 65 in catching and still get 85 catches and 1000 yards in a franchise season. Lack of actual adaptive AI, coaching schemes, and core fundamental knowledge of football this game has makes it very frustrating to play. This game needs real coaching minds incorporated into not only gameplanning each week but on the fly adjustments after each drive, quarter and half.

If my next opponent is the Jets and I know that Geno can't throw deep well or make the tough medium ranged throws under pressure, then I should be able to coach up my players and tell the corners to play inside shades, my safeties to cheat up a bit and defend the run or QB scramble. If I'm playing the Colts I should be able to coach up my OL to be physical in the run game to give enough time for the play-action pass. These things are needed for a football game to work. Because with gameplanning, the Jets can say "hey I know the opponent is going to force us to make hard throws so Geno just make the smart throw, use your check downs as much as possible, and we will pound the run game to open up play-action passes that we know you can make." The Colts will know it needs turnovers and to capitalize on its offensive chances or whatever the coaching staff decides to do for either team.

So much that can go into these games and it seems as if these guys don't bother doing the work or research to understand and incorporate it into Madden or NCAA.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 AM   #130
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I will keep it short for now: I hope they program the SAM and WILL LBs as well as Strong Safety's to actually align on the strong and weak sides of the Offense.

It will convince me that they are endeavoring to replicate the NFL strategies and basics of scheming If they can teach that the athletes have intelligence to understand what side they belong on.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #131
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm pretty sure that the NBA Live 14 halftime and endgame shows will be brought over to Madden.

And unfortunately I've learnt over the years, that when EA talks defense..they talk big hits and I fully expect even more big hits this year.

I'm alarmed at this stage...they talk about revolution but it's only 3 months to go and we've had close to no information on the game.

There is no talk about CCM etc. So I assume that will be the same as last year...

And let me guess...assisted tackles will still not work, even though they promote the defensive aspect like crazy.

I do hope I'm wrong, but the last 10 years have been a hard depressing meeting with reality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #132
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
And unfortunately I've learnt over the years, that when EA talks defense..they talk big hits and I fully expect even more big hits this year.
I thought Madden was already above the limit. Any more and it's Blitz The League territory.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #133
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9

I do hope I'm wrong, but the last 10 years have been a hard depressing meeting with reality.
Yep.

I'm hoping there's something real comprehensive behind the "improved defense" claim. But I remember this from last year...

Quote:
Now that you know how to Run Free with the precision modifier, you might be curious about the 11 guys on the other side of the ball. Wait until you get a look at what Patrick Willis, JJ Watt and their buddies on D can do.

MAKE YOUR PRESENCE FELT

Last year, the major focus of the Infinity Engine was figuring out the basics of speed, momentum and other factors. With the introduction of Force Impact and a year of additional tuning, the dev team can now bring the power of Infinity to the Hit Stick. This allows for the biggest, most impressive hits yet, creating moments you’ll want to recreate over and over.

Furthermore, if you manage to pop a ball carrier with the Hit Stick while he’s performing one of the special precision modifier moves, the chances of causing a fumble increase. So if you’re up against an opponent who loves flashy moves, line him up with the Hit Stick and see if he doesn’t get a bit more conservative. This concept carries over into the passing game as well, as cornerbacks and safeties who trigger the Hit Stick as a receiver makes a catch have a higher chance of jarring the ball loose.

HEAT-SEEKER TACKLING

Those who opt for a more conventional approach this year have the option to enable heat-seeker tackling to help square up and bring down the ball carrier. Heat-seeker is enabled anytime you hold down the Hit Stick, defensive assist or wrap tackle buttons, and essentially guides your defender on the proper angle to intercept the ball carrier and bring him down. Heat-seeker tackles can also act as a counter to precision modifier moves when employed by defenders with high agility or awareness ratings.

The ultimate goal of heat-seeker is to provide assistance without taking control away from the user, as well as eliminating small errors like oversteers. Also, there’s a bit of risk/reward with heat-seeker, as defenders with lower awareness or agility ratings are more susceptible to a fake-out by the ball carrier. Players will have to find the balance between going for the big hit or using heat-seeker for a helping hand. For those who prefer to play without assists, heat-seeker tackling can be turned off entirely for both online and offline games.

RECOVER AND GET BACK IN THERE

Another way we’re balancing the defense is with a new defensive recovery mechanic. Often times in the NFL you’ll see a player overrun a play or miss a tackle, but immediately take steps to get back in the action. In Madden NFL 25, defenders can make the same hard cuts as ball carriers to quickly change direction and renew their pursuit. Speedy defensive ends and other high-agility defenders are even more valuable, as they can recover on plays and chase down runners on the backside. Defenders can also utilize the acceleration burst to close the gap on ball carriers and make a play before the runner gets into space.

TAKING A DIVE

There are times when you just can’t get in position to either deliver the big hit or wrap up the ball carrier, and those are the moments when a dive tackle can be the difference between a short gain and a touchdown. Dive tackles have been tuned in Madden NFL 25 to utilize more momentum so that defenders have a better chance of catching runners from behind and tripping them up. Also, new lunge tackles let defenders dive past the lead blockers to take out the legs of the ball carrier.

ALWAYS BE IN POSITION TO MAKE THE PLAY

Last but not least are a few under-the-hood improvements that affect a defender’s reactions in various situations. For instance, defensive awareness plays a big role this year, as defenders with a higher awareness rating are less likely to bite on fake-outs. So when a ball carrier attempts a juke on a high-awareness defender, that player is likely to make an appropriate reaction and still make the tackle.

Another example is retuned pursuit angles, where defenders take smarter routes to the ball in order to track down ball carriers and make plays. In addition, defenders will now “break down” and prepare for a tackle as they get close to the ball carrier. This controls their momentum and puts them into the best position to make a play.

As you can see, the defense in Madden NFL 25 is more than ready to meet the challenge posed by offense. Ball carriers may be able to Run Free, but the defense has some powerful weapons of its own.
Which resulted in linebackers not being able to cover TE's in zone or man to save their life, outside runs, defensive backs leaving curl routes wide open, defenders doing strange things in pursuit (i.e. breaking down unnecessarily), and so on and so on...

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 05-05-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #134
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
Lack of actual adaptive AI, coaching schemes, and core fundamental knowledge of football this game has makes it very frustrating to play. This game needs real coaching minds incorporated into not only gameplanning each week but on the fly adjustments after each drive, quarter and half.

If my next opponent is the Jets and I know that Geno can't throw deep well or make the tough medium ranged throws under pressure, then I should be able to coach up my players and tell the corners to play inside shades, my safeties to cheat up a bit and defend the run or QB scramble.
And for more casual fans, the game should have optional assists from the game planning/opponent scouting screen that will give these strategic moves. And for Coach/GM guys, these tendencies should be settable in a game plan screen and not have to be done on the fly before each play.

By now, the game should be as micromanaged or macro-managed as the customer wants.

I do like where you are going.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #135
MVP

OVR: 15

Looking at the NHL features this year gives me a SLIGHT glimmer of hope that we may see something special from Madden.

The NHL team is probably 1/8 the size of the Madden team and the features they are touting for NHL 15 are absolutely amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #136
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Its annoying that NHL has details on their features and their game comes out after Madden. Not sure why EA has to be so secretive. Does it really help with sales

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »