Home

More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #121
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

I can't see how there's any way to make sense out of what any of that will actually mean to game play and features. It's all back of the box buzzwords.

I really don't want to invest time in deciphering the marketing department's tea leaves this year. They tell only parts of the truth and leave tons of things out that always end up really mattering.

I'm going to wait until at least late September to think about doing anything with this game, once all the post release patch 2 issues are well documented here on OS and elsewhere, and the game play experience is in.

I've learned my lesson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 4
Unhappy Re: More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

Don't know to make of this "trailer". Animated player? Shiny helmet? Name dropping a few 'back of the box' features with no context? This is the stuff of where the Madden franchise was stalled at for nearly half a decade and gotta say, a bit alarmed.

To be honest, mostly surprised this new sraight'ish talking team allowed a promo of zero substance to be put out there like this.

Fingers crossed but with both 360 & PS:3 on the release schedule...c'mon man! Decade + old tech sucking up dev time and dollars is all I'll say.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #123
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Yea, you would think they would have released a bit more info by now, even if it's not the feature they're going to be talking about at E3.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #124
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I really hope the hitstick is finally gone. Or at the very least, the amount of wrap up tackle animations out number big hit animations about 1000 to 1. Or put in a "Big Hit" slider. It's really annoying when you play on All-Madden and it makes all your players look like children getting ran over by Ronnie Lott's and Ray Lewis'.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #125
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope the hitstick is finally gone. Or at the very least, the amount of wrap up tackle animations out number big hit animations about 1000 to 1. Or put in a "Big Hit" slider. It's really annoying when you play on All-Madden and it makes all your players look like children getting ran over by Ronnie Lott's and Ray Lewis'.
Remember when physics were supposed to drive big hits with momentum, speed and force of impact? lol

I've always wondered if the hit stick could be re-branded into the all-in-one for defensive tackle attempts. It could open up X/Square for a true contextual dive attempt. Or something else, I don't know. I haven't given the thought too much time.

I don't know what to expect anymore from Madden. I like to think this new console generation could be the start of something new, but it's likely to stay the course it's on. It's hard to be optimistic about it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #126
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I hope the dynamic halftime show has highlights from other games. I know posted this in NHL thread but it applies to EA Sports games across the board. There were highlights from other games while you were playing you game in NHL 94. The technology was available then and I imagine it can still be achieved.

Just my opinion.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #127
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I can't see how there's any way to make sense out of what any of that will actually mean to game play and features. It's all back of the box buzzwords.

I really don't want to invest time in deciphering the marketing department's tea leaves this year. They tell only parts of the truth and leave tons of things out that always end up really mattering.

I'm going to wait until at least late September to think about doing anything with this game, once all the post release patch 2 issues are well documented here on OS and elsewhere, and the game play experience is in.

I've learned my lesson.
Yeah, it took a long time for me as well, but I am officially off the "automatic pre-order and season pass early release subscription every time" wagon. In no way, shape, or form am I saying "I'm not buying the game ever again, damn EA" or anything like that, but, I definitely am going to wait and see this time around.

The defensive control blurb sounds good on paper, I hope it really matters though and isn't just fluff.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm hoping when people run into each the defender actually attempts to make a tackle, and not just have his arm flail around in the air. That's what has bothered me most about 25. I lost a game online in the last seconds because my defenders arm was hit and basically looked like one of those "wacky inflatable tube" things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »