Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-02-2014, 12:53 AM   #145
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Ya I'm frustrated with the nfl and madden. If only 2k or Sony San Diego could make a realistic representation of the sport the situation would be so much better. I'm hoping 2 k or sony jump back into nhl on next gen too.
I remember a time when I played GameDay over Madden... Then as time went on and 989 Sports became some sort of ... I don't know what to call it. Just... bad.

What is funny is that even when 2K5 was out I preferred Madden 2005 to it. The depth in that game (M2005) still brings back memories. It was the last time I played through more than ten seasons in any sports game; and I wish Madden 15 would make the changes they need to to make me feel that way again. Ten years is a long time to miss a game that is now two generations removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

as a Brit i can say the number of madden players here is very small, they are the same bunch that usually hit the international series regardless of teams playing. whats worse is the assumption from nfl/ea etc that Brits dont understand the game. there some of us that are more knowledgeable than they think but we still get patronised. thats really bad from a global sports s/w company
Old 05-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #147
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

i wouldn't say it was "very small". it's probably niche-ish, but the fact the game is sold over here is indicative of the fact it sells well enough. it's not like the show where you have to import or buy digitally.

the whole british NFL fan is a tough one though. i think it's assumed we don't understand, like perhaps we naively believe a lot of the US don't "get" soccer, but we both know it couldn't be further from the truth.

it's pretty much exactly the same knowledge structure as america too. there are die hard fans, ****** fans, people that know names of teams and that's it, and people that couldn't care less. we just live on a different continent and have to stay up late sometimes to watch it
Old 05-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #148
MVP

or sign up to Gamepass frankly Sky commentators wind me up so we either pick a game or 2 to watch or watch the redzone

frankly that was worth the 130 quid i think it was, my pc links to our lounge tv
Old 05-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #149
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

ah gamepass is a godsend. i'm a kevin cadle fan, and cecil martin is a laugh, but neil reynolds can do one, frankly.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #150
MVP

Cadle and credibility, he's a Bills fan
Cecil has street cred except he can't pronounce his name
Jeff thingy the ex Coach i like a lot
Neil Reynolds is poo

'er indoors could analyse better than him, although her performance has slackened since her hero Urlacher retired

we dont like offence as much as defence, we both like stuff it up the jumper rugby, so we developed the fat boy offence in my ccm. pick the right formation fill it with OL FBs a HB and QB and run straight at them

defence he cant throw if he is supine is our mantra

Last edited by Ueauvan; 05-02-2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: correction
Old 05-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #151
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

" 'er indoors " is going to throw a lot of yanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #152
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF

the whole british NFL fan is a tough one though. i think it's assumed we don't understand, like perhaps we naively believe a lot of the US don't "get" soccer, but we both know it couldn't be further from the truth.
Big difference is, in the U.S. soccer is played all over the country with a lot of Kids leagues, Junior High systems, High School systems, Collegiate systems, and a few pro leagues. I'd be surprised if American football has even 1/10th the level of participation in Britain as Soccer has in America.

The fact that soccer actually has that much penetration in the U.S. market makes it strange to me that the sport isn't more popular at the pro level here in the U.S.

Last edited by FaceMask; 05-02-2014 at 12:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »