Home

More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #105
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

Yeah until they develop some type of system advanced enough to simulate broken tackles, I wouldn't mind tapping a button to "break free" of a wrap up or gang tackle. Just feels too random as it is now.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #106
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Sprint while pumping your arms, then sprint with one arm straight out.. it definitely slows you down. Pumping your arms helps create momentum and propel you forward, which increases stride length and allows you to cover more ground in fewer steps (i.e. faster).

Off-topic, but I had to jump in. I do agree with your general point that the button configuration isn't very intuitive.

Fair point, but I think you will agree that hurdle, spin, dive, jump all require the player to "set up" his feet more than stiff arm.

For the record, I doubt holding my arms out straight will slow me down much - kinda of hard to run any slower than I do regardless of arm pumping, oxygen tank, caffeine intake Wisconsin winters send me into a state of near hibernation. This most recent winter is still here and so it seems I may never regain any level of fitness. If the seasonal affected disorder doesn't kill me first, trying to get in shape again just might...
Old 04-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #107
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13

For the record, I doubt holding my arms out straight will slow me down much - kinda of hard to run any slower than I do regardless of arm pumping, oxygen tank, caffeine intake Wisconsin winters send me into a state of near hibernation. This most recent winter is still here and so it seems I may never regain any level of fitness. If the seasonal affected disorder doesn't kill me first, trying to get in shape again just might...
Ew, Cowboy fan living in Wisconsin, must be Burlington area, Romo's home area. I'll do it, jk, lol. (this winter was bad, but I've lived through worse)

Anyway, from details revealed to wish lists and everything in between.

Wake me when it's E3 and more details come out. lol

I need more in depth explanations and video.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #108
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

are they ever going to address the constant freezing glitches that have been popping up more and more in recent titles??
Old 04-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #109
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ew, Cowboy fan living in Wisconsin, must be Burlington area, Romo's home area. I'll do it, jk, lol. (this winter was bad, but I've lived through worse)

Anyway, from details revealed to wish lists and everything in between.

Wake me when it's E3 and more details come out. lol

I need more in depth explanations and video.

No, I live on the Lake about 30 mins (highway drive) south of GB

Dallas area native so, not a Romo hat er, but he has absolutely zero to do with me being a Cowboys fan.

Still upset with JJ for firing Tom Landry, not at least having a conversation with him behind closed doors and giving one of the greatest coaches in history the option to retire and thus have proper send off from us the fans.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #110
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Actually, that's my bad NDAlum - should have put JK or LOL - I got what you meant. Forgot how hard sarcasm is to type for a second.

Just curious, when they had branching animations where you could wiggle the sticks to "break out" of wrap tackles - did you not enjoy that?
I'm not a fan of those mechanics where you have that type of user input.

What I would be a fan of: pressure sensitive LS with regards to acceleration and speed. That would put the player attributes more in play as opposed to me wiggling the sticks. However they would need to have better momentum and physics for this to take place. Also the running animations would need an overhaul.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-01-2014, 02:06 AM   #111
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
The PS2 layout was simply more intuitive all around and had the built in benefit of forcing users to release sprint for moves that logically require it...
The problem with modern sport games is that the more they aim to the realistic presentation/graphics, the more you lose control on what happens on the field. I remember for exqmple having lots of fun 15~20 years ago with soccer and hockey games. You were aiming to a specific spot of the goal when shooting, you were deciding when to risk to faul or not, you had much more control over everything. Now you press a button and you hope the AI calculations will result in a good play for you.

Maybe it's time to step backward on the amout of "realistic" interactions, but give back to the player control and ultimately, fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #112
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm really interested to see what these play-calling mechanics are. Hopefully it means that there is far more variety of plays than before and maybe even includes some sort of create-a-play. Seems like another logical step with Madden Share. Makes me wonder if game planning has been expanded as well which would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »