Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #289
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
I didn't like it at first because of the idea of changing the overall ratings, but this is a pretty good idea. What I think would need more work is the idea of highest overall modified rating still coming up trumps. I bet Steve Nash with this feature would still have a higher rating to a team that runs the triangle than Derek Fisher and that he would always be chosen ahead of him.

On Steve Blake, I think that's just another example of 2K's poor ratings, he's better than a 69.
I actually hated it in Madden when I first saw it because it didn't make any sense to me. And I agree with your point there about Nash and Fisher, but the other reality is that Nash would probably be taken over Fisher in any circumstance. But that would have to come down to the AI determining the needs and understanding that a scoring, high usage 2-guard or back to basket big is a better fit than Nash and/or other AI teams making Nash a comparable offer because he fits their system better (better overall and tendencies fit the style of the scheme). And conversely, a team that relies heavily on ball movement and balance scoring across the board would try to stray away from high usage, isolation scorers.

Also, with Steve Blake, I was using a custom roster. But yeah, the overall rating system is an issue but scheme-based ratings make more sense to me as a happy medium than tossing out ratings altogether (re: APF 2k8).
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

Last edited by Hassan Darkside; 04-22-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #290
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Looking back on my post, are custom rosters against friends online actually possible?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #291
Rookie

VC- Please remove VC ENTIRELY from the game. 99 overall people should actually mean something. This game should be play to win not pay to win. 99 overall should mean wow this game has played a lot of games instead of wow he bought vc.

Rebounding- I think the reason 2k make guys over 7 feet slower to rebound is because they are 7ft tall. However that's not a good reason for a 7 ft center to be outrebounded by a small guy.

Mycareer
1. If you're going to bring back cutscenes at least let us skip. It's the same thing over and over and it's a nuisance if your trying to make a new data. I understand that 2k has worked hard to bring us this storyline but after a while I don't want to see it.

2. sp/xp system instead of vc.

3. custom sliders- let us use custom sliders. I know someone people will complain about how you can put everything on 100 but how about they make a limit? I want to be able to use my own sliders to make things challenging in mycareer. I want to lower the fatigue rate since I'm forced into playing 42 min a game. Usually the custom sim sliders you see on forums like these have shooting sliders low and defense high, so their could be a cap on each individual slider.

4. Minutes- the max amount of minutes we should play should be like 36-38 min in a regular game. You don't see too many players play 40+ for a whole season, so our players shouldn't have to either.

5. Playcalling- PLEASE MAKE THE PLAYCALLING ON NEXT GEN LIKE CURRENT GEN. I hate playing positions other than pg because the same plays get called over and over and over. Even when playing pg the plays are repetitive. I don't understand why they changed the playcalling system in the first place but please bring it back.

6. The Draft- Please don't make it impossible to get drafted to certain teams and impossible to get drafted 1st overall. I liked how in 2k13 I could get first overall and go to the hornets. Now the highest you can get is drafted like 4th? Also I think giving an example statline for how to get drafted where would be nice.

7. Rookie showcase- The criteria for getting drafted high for each position should be different. I'm not sure if it is or not, but if I'm a center i shouldn't have to worry about steals and assists and if I'm a pg i shouldn't have to worry about getting blocks and rebounds in the rookie showcase.

8. Accessories- I hate how i have to exit mycareer, go to main menu, go to the dressing room, change accessories, and go back to mycareer just so that I can wear what I want for the next game. The gameday dressing room for mycareer is 1 or 2 games behind and it's frustrating. Make it like current gen. Also, we shouldn't have to buy accessories.

9. This mode tries to make you Michael Jordan- What I mean by this is game makes you have to basically do everything(bring the team back from a huge deficit, etc). I would like to be able to rely on my teammates to shoulder the load. If there is a clear cut star already established on the team you get drafted to, they should be getting the ball more/doing more of the work.

Passing- the passing is really off. sometimes you can throw and nice bullet pass to your teammate, sometimes you can be 5ft away and throw and weak pass that gets jumped by the cpu. Please make it more consistent.

Cyberfaces- Some of these cyberfaces are really bad and look nothing like the player. I think the guys in the pc modding community could do a better job than some of the guys their at 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #292
Just started!

I know this may sound stupid but you should be able to start off in your last game of college and play from there. You should also be able to go undrafted into the Nba or the d-league. We should have more mobility in my career such as purchasing your own cars and houses, being able to go out with your loved ones or friends. There should also be a rookie camp/ draft combine. Varied Career paths and different crown reactions and announcer reactions to stuff like buzzer beaters and technical fouls. Also include technical fouls in the game and allow players to actually get injured, not just go off of what the script says.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #293
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Even though there is zero chance of this happening what if they included Cyberface updates like for say when Gerald Henderson shaved his head. that could be something that they could implement into the game

NBA- Boston Celtics
MLB- New York Yankees
NFL- New York Giants
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 04-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #294
Rookie

I'd have to say that the step back jumper needs to be implemented better. I see nba players using that move well to create space and to get behind the three point line. The animation needs to be faster as well as the most fade animation. a lot of move to create space is too slow. the court needs to be a little bigger as well. you have no space to operate in the post and can't punish the defense for cluttering down low and leaving players open

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #295
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiGarebear89
Even though there is zero chance of this happening what if they included Cyberface updates like for say when Gerald Henderson shaved his head. that could be something that they could implement into the game
Yessir. Not only that, but I think it'd be awesome if 2K kept previous cyberfaces as options accessible from the "Edit Player" menu, so users could shift between looks as they see fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #296
Rookie

OVR: 1
Bring back ONLINE ASSOCIATION.

I thought it was strange that Xbox 360 2k14 had OA but the Xbox One version didn't. Great mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »