Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

finally picked up the game and I'm about to play my first match as Germany.

encountered my first problem though:

Playing Road to World Cup with Germany. Went to play my first match and there isn't an option to select the new kits! Only the Euro home and away (and the classic kits I bought). Do I have to wait to get to the world cup to use those kits? I downloaded the latest updates and everything. I checked a regular kick off game and I can use them there.

Any ideas?
Old 04-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
finally picked up the game and I'm about to play my first match as Germany.

encountered my first problem though:

Playing Road to World Cup with Germany. Went to play my first match and there isn't an option to select the new kits! Only the Euro home and away (and the classic kits I bought). Do I have to wait to get to the world cup to use those kits? I downloaded the latest updates and everything. I checked a regular kick off game and I can use them there.

Any ideas?
They'll unlock as options once you reach the World Cup. The American kits unlocked for me when I made it there.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
They'll unlock as options once you reach the World Cup. The American kits unlocked for me when I made it there.
alright cool. I was just concerned it was a glitch or something (digitally downloaded from the XBL store).

anyone got any good sliders btw? I feel like it needs a little tweaking, although I don't necessarily know the right things to edit. Sorry to ask if it hasn't been posted.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #60
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Finally got the game and am enjoying it. Keep in mind, my last Fifa is FIFA 13.

Game is extremely fast on Normal speed. Bumping it down to Slow is still too fast, but makes it more playable. The game reminds me of the last World Cup game, rather than a yearly release of Fifa. Feels more arcade than simulation, but that is not to say I won't thoroughly enjoy the game. It'll just take some getting used to. I've seen quite a lot of fouls and cards, which is a nice bump. And I'm loving the variety of corner kicks with added set pieces. Makes corners a little more intense. The commentary is better and the added nationalism adds excitement.

Overall I really enjoy this game and see many hours being spent in Road to World Cup mode.

EDIT: I should add one more note. I did find a bug where I was playing as USA in the World Cup. I made it to the round of 32 as the Winner of Group G (played Belgium, runners-up of Group H). Prior to that win and after, it showed USA (and the entire segment of 4) on the incorrect side of the bracket. After beating Switzerland in the round of 16, the bracket fixed itself and I ended up losing to Colombia. All in all, there was no effect and the bracket corrected itself, but I was worried when it was showing me on the wrong side of things.

Last edited by sikolec; 04-20-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I have a complete different experience on this one. In all previous Fifa games teammate cpu AI in defense was atrocious. You can easily see this improvement in the Be A Captain mode.
Foul calling is greatly improved also. They need to fix the game speed though asap.
The best Fifa to date is mostly getting mediocre reviews. No surprises again.

I appreciate your comments. You seem a bit more level headed than others who are only concerned about kits. I'm in you're boat - couldn't care less. Looking for a fun game that is challenging, somewhat "simulation" feel. I don't have 2 hours to play a game for a full "simulation" experience so I am more than willing to accept some "arcade" feel.

I picked up the game yesterday but haven't found the time to open it yet. Not sure when I will so it could be returned down the road.

Keep posting your thoughts. It will affect my decision. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 10:04 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneller77
I appreciate your comments. You seem a bit more level headed than others who are only concerned about kits. I'm in you're boat - couldn't care less. Looking for a fun game that is challenging, somewhat "simulation" feel. I don't have 2 hours to play a game for a full "simulation" experience so I am more than willing to accept some "arcade" feel.

I picked up the game yesterday but haven't found the time to open it yet. Not sure when I will so it could be returned down the road.

Keep posting your thoughts. It will affect my decision. Thanks.

if you want my two cents, here it is:

I've been playing FIFA for about 6 years now. Loving the game so far. I play on World Class and have been tweaking sliders for about 10 games now trying to find the right speed. I find that putting it on slow and then also decreasing pass/shot speed for both CPU and Human helps make the game feel slower. The sliders seem like one or two ticks and its a huge difference. Bumped up the shot speed to 53 for me and the ball felt like it was going to blaze through the net when I scored.

I feel like playing as a team plays IRL greatly impacts your results as well. Obviously you can play how you want, but if you use the players in the roles they are supposed to be used, I feel like you can flow freely on the attack. Playing as Germany, I just made it to the WC. I have yet to play any big teams (simmed friendlies). Got drawn into a group with Mexico, Poland, and Algeria. Should easily advance.... But I feel like I am beating the teams I should beat and having a bit of a tougher time with slightly better teams. Ex: Faroe Islands and Sweden. Sweden was hard to crack at first, then I ended up winning 4-1. Faroe Islands were pretty much taken out with my reserves (8-0).

Haven't gotten into CYC yet or anything online. I can definitely see that this game will have amazing replay value. Not to mention the theme for the whole game is pretty great too.

I have seen some amazing shots as well as great saves. GK AI is definitely better. Seen some goalies pull of amazing saves. Only downside is that sometimes I feel like the CPU defensive AI has some pretty bad blunders where they run into each other and all of a sudden I'm on a breakaway or wide open on the wing.

I'd say keep it if you want to have a game to enjoy with friends and are really into the beautiful game.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Something that is kind of taking some of the realism out of it for me is the computer lineups when you get to the World Cup. So far I've seen: Neymar at RCM for Brazil in the 4-3-3. Suarez/Cavani at LCM/RCM in the 4-4-2. Falcao at LCM for Colombia.

And I can not for the life of me figure out how form is supposed to work in this game. I have up arrows on all my players, I'm just about maximizing out the training sessions for players, but overalls have consistently dropped for a lot of my guys. Even in a game where I shut the opponent out, my entire backline dropped 1-2 points. It's frustrating.

And the gameplay be a bit less on the simulation side than FIFA '14, but overall I'm enjoying the game on the field a bit more. Turning the game speed to slow is a must.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Question for CYC. Has anyone figured out how to edit your player? Would love to change boots, untuck kit, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »