Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #345
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Just found this for 22.12 on ebay. At that price, I figure it is worth it to try
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #346
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Just found this for 22.12 on ebay. At that price, I figure it is worth it to try
Only 30 on amazon also.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:00 AM   #347
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

So my verdict so far:

I want to like this game because of my love for basketball, some of the things they do well, and the flaws with 2K...but I just can't really get past a few glaring issues/enjoy this game.

1) Other than the graphics (which we know about and I'm sure will be fixed to be on 2K's level next year) the gameplay is just bad in my opinion. It seems way too easy to score, the animations are terrible, and everyone seems to move so stiff. The game just doesn't seem fluid but I do think they have a good foundation to build on.

2) The input lag is AWFUL and literally ruins the game for me. I can't really play a game as it feels like a chore and is not fun at all. There is really no excuse for this especially with a "next-gen" game. (also the passing bug glitch is really bad)

3) The cameras are bad, I know I have been very vocal about this and even created a thread for it. The Baseline cams are terrible and should not have you behind the basket on defense, I can barely see where the hoop is if I try to block a shot. I can't play on the broadcast cams, I need to be able to see the whole court as if I'm playing, standing above my player, or reversed when on defense.

4) Some great features, Rising Star Mode is a great building block. There are lot of things that it does well that 2K does not. The progression system seems to be better and you get rewarded for actually playing a game. You can simulate any game which I LOVE and all of the stats/awards/standings screens work. The grading system is a bit poorly constructed in my opinion and so are the lack of attributes. Many attributes seemed to be generalized and I think need to be more specific such as 2K.

5) Ultimate Team- Awesome mode in my opinion, only a few things that I'd like to see worked on. The ratings and category breakdowns of players in this mode isn't great. There are literally so many gold players so when you buy a gold premium pack and get guaranteed gold players, more often than not it's someone who is like a 79-82 not an 86+. Maybe just add an extra tier if they are going to go this route. A lot of the players are rated way too high or low in general...why is Otto Porter an 80? Are you serious...and why is Magic Johnson only a 91? Porter should be at best a 68-69 and Magic should be a 95. Would love to hear others thoughts on this! I would like to see Live have more players or whole historic teams similar to 2K, packs are better priced in this game though. (My favorite part of this mode is that it keeps track of your record and the amount of offline games/challenges/tourneys there are)

Overall I think that Live has some great modes/features but just needs to go more detailed. I think this game was a VERY rough title that was released to remind people that they still have an NBA license and are trying for the future. I will be purchasing Live 15 because I think it will improve and there is a huge window of opportunity to win some customers back with 2K's overwhelming lack of care for its customers.

I give this game a 6.2/10
Old 03-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #348
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Speaking only from the demo. My retail copy arrives today, Interior defense leaves a lot to be desired. If shots arent blocked, there isn't enough altering and changing of shots. Also there does not seem to be very many fouls called regardless of how reckless you are in contesting shots. Enough negative for now, let me get into positive. Floor spacing. Phenominal. There feels like there is room to move in the half court. While I am still getting the feel for controls, when dribbling and driving, i feel much more in control than I have in other basketball games. However I was running into an issue when trying to quickly inbound the ball, there would be a 2nd pass that I did not want. The half time show would actually be good. If Jalen Rose wasn't stumbling over his own words the whole time. I know the whole espn thing, but they could try to get Wilbon or someone who can actually speak. The game isn't great, but it isn't as terrible asome people claim. It needs some things cleaned up. And a graphical overhaul, but so far, its an ok game, doing some things well, and needing work in other areas.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #349
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

after playing 2k, I will never take this game for granted again. #thelittlethings
Old 04-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #350
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
after playing 2k, I will never take this game for granted again. #thelittlethings

That's the fresh air effect for you...
Old 04-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #351
Rookie

I finally got to try the game after all the patches and I have to say that I was impressed, I love the pace of the game, the graphics and movements are much cleaner, I'm sorry for just a bug that always happens to me, that I did not see themselves schemes on the pitch in spite of put them in the options, and other small detail I do not like the choice not to include the names of the opponents when they bring the ball to rest in the light of the improvements at the time I would give it a 6, 5 sevenths me that bodes well for a great nba live 15, I apologize to everyone for my bad English, greetings from Italy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #352
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I finally got to try the game after all the patches and I have to say that I was impressed, I love the pace of the game, the graphics and movements are much cleaner, I'm sorry for just a bug that always happens to me, that I did not see themselves schemes on the pitch in spite of put them in the options, and other small detail I do not like the choice not to include the names of the opponents when they bring the ball to rest in the light of the improvements at the time I would give it a 6, 5 sevenths me that bodes well for a great nba live 15, I apologize to everyone for my bad English, greetings from Italy
No problem, glad you enjoy the game, I agree, probably a 6.5-7 out of 10 for me and that makes me optimistic for next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »