Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #281
Pro

OVR: 9
NBA 2K15 Wishlist

1. Give us the ability to put reserves on the active roster when playing online games

2. Also, we should be able to feel the difference between a good defender and a bad defender. I should have to face the consequences of putting Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and Kelly Olynyk in the ball game. Likewise, guys like Luc Mbah AMoute and Tony Allen should be able to have a positive effect on the game.

3. More contact layups on inside shots after offensive rebounds; and more contact layups in general. I don't care if they go in more often, but often players shoot layups right over my defenders with no regard for the defense.

4. Give us the opportunity to play offline games without the injured players. Instead of lowering their overall, why not just remove them from the active roster. Also, update the rosters and injuries daily, or as soon as they happen. Rosters haven't been updated In ages.

5. Potentials should be more randomized. For example, a player like Andrew Wiggins who will have an A potential shouldn't automatically be a superstar. He can have like a 20% chance of reaching a 90+ rating, a 30% chance of 85-90, a 20% chance of 80-85, a 20% chance of 75-80, and a 10% chance of <75.

6. NBA active rosters have 13 players now, not 12. This should be reflected in the game.

Last edited by kwabalicious; 04-20-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #282
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
OK where do I start with this.

1. Defensive foot planting and movement NEED MAJOR work for NBA 2k15! Very sluggish and with added input delay make playing defence very painful.

2. Passing/catch and shoot...don't know if I'm on an Island here but floaty passes need to go. Like a previous poster might have added maybe some type of button sensitive passing mechanic like NHL 14?

3. REBOUNDING...when I/human players shoot the ball we either get A)boxed out and cpu grabs board or B) we grab the offensive rebound. When CPU shoots the ball A) They get the offensive rebound or B) I grab it then there is a tip animation that usually goes the cpu's way or C) I get lucky and grab a rebound. Don't know how you fix it and I doubt it will ever change to be honest

4. Contact lay-ups. What's the point of having these layups in the game if when you force the CPU into one they go in %98 of the time. but subsequently far less for human players

5. ROSTER HDD saves.. pretty obvious
Yes to everything

1. Its definitely needs to more precise.

2. And at least give us the ability to throw fast passes. Every pass has the same speed. There should be power if I need it.

3. Its still ridiculous. I agree

4. Not only that but once the animation starts you can't stop it. There needs to be more a physics representation in the paint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #283
MVP

OVR: 12

From watching King of the Court on MLG yesterday, one of the things that needs to be fixed outside of things that can be immediately by ratings/sliders (e.g. reducing pass ratings to reduce the insane amount of amount of alley-oops made) is turboing in the paint. Turboing in the open court on a fastbreak should not be the same as turboing in the half court. Yes, there are animations for going around your defender, but what about animations where you lose control of the ball because you turboed too much? On a number of occasions, I saw that the guys were turboing until they reached the basket, stopped on a dime and then tried to lay the ball in. IRL, those guys would have to slow down, otherwise they would go flying out of bounds. I like that I saw a lot of turnovers from running in recklessly and have the ball bounce off bodies, but it needs to happen more often, not just some of the time.

Also, take that arcadey layup animation where you jump off two feet really far and lay it up with your left hand. It falls in far too often. Only players like Westbrook should have something like that, and it shouldn't be able to be triggered so easily.

Since these guys' defenses mainly consisted of predicting passing lanes and creating turnovers, make the offensive AI more intelligent in cutting so it makes the defense's job harder.

Hopefully in the 2K15 tournament we'll actually be able to see at least one pick being set, and then in 2K16 maybe a set play.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #284
Banned

OVR: 7

Something just popped in my head. Would a layup modifier work? For example , hold a button press another to perform euro step, tear drop, etc?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #285
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Just a small presentation-related thing that I want implemented: the ability to turn off the halftime show and promos for upcoming games. I understand that an option to turn off the halftime show is likely not possible because of sponsor obligations with Sprint, but I do hope that we at least get an option to toggle the "commercials" on/off. It gets irritating to have to spam the X button after the end of every quarter to skip these sequences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #286
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm really hoping 2K adds more current historic teams, the ability to use custom rosters online against friends (basically making college teams playable online when you think about it), online myGM, and an offline/online playoff mode. For some reason, playoff mode was taken out of the next gen version.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #287
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Don't know if this has been mentioned somewhere but one thing Madden has that I think would make (more) sense in 2k is--don't shoot me--coaching schemes. Players overalls change depending on the scheme of the team that they're on. For instance, in Madden, if you're scheme is say a spread offense with option looks that favors a mobile quarterback, putting a guy like Tom Brady in it isn't going to be your best option. So in Madden, he may be a 95 in NE's offense but in Washington's, he may drop to an 87 or something of that nature.

So likewise, I think 2k could do something similar in MyGM and maybe MyTeam. Granted, it's purely cosmetic, but it'll sort of change the way players try to build their teams. By nature, ****** players try to get the highest rated or most exciting players at each position and throw them on the court and expect to win. But different teams and different schemes should favor different types of players. The weighted average used to determine the overall rating of players should change depending on the system.

If your scheme was the triangle offense, you may favor a point guard with high outside shooting ratings, high awareness ratings, and high defensive ratings and even the Dead Eye or Catch and Shoot sig skills. If you're running D'Antoni's 7 seconds or less(mess) offense you may favor a point guard with high shooting ratings, high passing ratings, and high awareness ratings with a preference for the dimer and pick and roll maestro sig skills. Putting a guy like Nash in the triangle offense may drop his overall a few points because the scheme may nullify some of his best attributes and likewise, putting a guy like Derek Fisher in D'Antoni's offense is like playing them out of position. Same with putting a guy like Melo in, say, Popovich's offense.

This would also have bearing on how the AI constructs their teams throughout the mode. Players AI would naturally be interested in schemes where there overall is the highest because to them, that's where they'll be best utilized. Teams would go after role players that make sense for them rather than just signing whoever they can afford with the highest rating. I have Steve Blake sitting in MyGM Free Agency right now because he has a 69 rating when the reality is, there's about a 100% chance he has a job next season barring any major injuries.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 04-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #288
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
So likewise, I think 2k could do something similar in MyGM and maybe MyTeam. Granted, it's purely cosmetic, but it'll sort of change the way players try to build their teams. By nature, ****** players try to get the highest rated or most exciting players at each position and throw them on the court and expect to win. But different teams and different schemes should favor different types of players. The weighted average used to determine the overall rating of players should change depending on the system.

If your scheme was the triangle offense, you may favor a point guard with high outside shooting ratings, high awareness ratings, and high defensive ratings and even the Dead Eye or Catch and Shoot sig skills. If you're running D'Antoni's 7 seconds or less(mess) offense you may favor a point guard with high shooting ratings, high passing ratings, and high awareness ratings with a preference for the dimer and pick and roll maestro sig skills. Putting a guy like Nash in the triangle offense may drop his overall a few points because the scheme may nullify some of his best attributes and likewise, putting a guy like Derek Fisher in D'Antoni's offense is like playing them out of position. Same with putting a guy like Melo in, say, Popovich's offense.

This would also have bearing on how the AI constructs their teams throughout the mode. Players AI would naturally be interested in schemes where there overall is the highest because to them, that's where they'll be best utilized. Teams would go after role players that make sense for them rather than just signing whoever they can afford with the highest rating. I have Steve Blake sitting in MyGM Free Agency right now because he has a 69 rating when the reality is, there's about a 100% chance he has a job next season barring any major injuries.
I didn't like it at first because of the idea of changing the overall ratings, but this is a pretty good idea. What I think would need more work is the idea of highest overall modified rating still coming up trumps. I bet Steve Nash with this feature would still have a higher rating to a team that runs the triangle than Derek Fisher and that he would always be chosen ahead of him.

On Steve Blake, I think that's just another example of 2K's poor ratings, he's better than a 69.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »