Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
I too have seen the replay thing. That's mildly annoying and hopefully fixable. What would be incredibly annoying if true is what I saw one person allude to here and many people mention on EA forums: that after playing through the whole qualification process the picking of your squad for the World Cup is broken. It lets you pick 18 guys and then fills out your 23 with 5 random players. That's unspeakably awful. Anybody seen this?
Yeah, I ran into this. In the screen where you're supposed to be able to pick your reserves, you click on it and it just doesn't work. You click on a guy to move him and it won't work. So the last five of your 23 are basically useless - CPU picked five of my worst players to so they, of course, didn't see the pitch. Seems patchable as errors go, if they're so inclined.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #50
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Been playing since Wednesday. I am still trying to find a decent set of sliders, but this is HANDS DOWN the WORSE title I have played from the FIFA team since before 2008.

Aside from the ball physics which are pretty good, I would highly discourage anyone from purchasing this. If you like kits, presentation, and want to score goals and play with your custom celebrations, then this is your game. I can't even confidently say it's a game for the casuals because even they know better.

This game lacks the physicality of FIFA 14 and more than anything, the defensive AI of the back line for both USER and CPU is the worst I have ever seen. Ever. The fullbacks pinch in constantly. When a CPU player is running down the wings and I switch to my fullback it's like he runs into a pit of quicksand. Same with the CBs when I try to guard the CPU ST. It's like they immediately go into slow motion. This also happens to CPU defenders. I have seen Ribery blowing down the wing and Ibate with him step for step and then just simply run away from him allowing for an easy cross or run into the box. Not just once and it's not just the USER defenders it also happens to the CPU defenders. Absolutely ridiculous.

The CPU defenders are also a joke. Veeeeeeery easy to hit an attacking winger making a run down the wing. It's all reminiscent of the magic through balls of PES 2012-13. Play a through ball and the defender almost slows up to let the ball get through.

The only thing I'll say about fouls is well....more of the same. I've seen 5 total fouls called against the CPU and this after 5 games on World Class....20 Minute halves. So yeah, bitch about your imperfect kits and HYPE your set piece creator which I've only had a chance to use on corners, which is pretty cool BTW.

Still messing with sliders to hopefully find some level of acceptable gameplay because if I was a developer on this game I'd kindly request that my name be taken off the credits. So far what a joke......still working

5/10....and that's being really generous

Last edited by therizing02; 04-19-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #51
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Been playing since Wednesday. I am still trying to find a decent set of sliders, but this is HANDS DOWN the WORSE title I have played from the FIFA team since before 2008.

Aside from the ball physics which are pretty good, I would highly discourage anyone from purchasing this. If you like kits, presentation, and want to score goals and play with your custom celebrations, then this is your game. I can't even confidently say it's a game for the casuals because even they know better.

This game lacks the physicality of FIFA 14 and more than anything, the defensive AI of the back line for both USER and CPU is the worst I have ever seen. Ever. The fullbacks pinch in constantly. When a CPU player is running down the wings and I switch to my fullback it's like he runs into a pit of quicksand. Same with the CBs when I try to guard the CPU ST. It's like they immediately go into slow motion. This also happens to CPU defenders. I have seen Ribery blowing down the wing and Ibate with him step for step and then just simply run away from him allowing for an easy cross or run into the box. Not just once and it's not just the USER defenders it also happens to the CPU defenders. Absolutely ridiculous.

The CPU defenders are also a joke. Veeeeeeery easy to hit an attacking winger making a run down the wing. It's all reminiscent of the magic through balls of PES 2012-13. Play a through ball and the defender almost slows up to let the ball get through.

The only thing I'll say about fouls is well....more of the same. I've seen 5 total fouls called against the CPU and this after 5 games on World Class....20 Minute halves. So yeah, bitch about your imperfect kits and HYPE your set piece creator which I've only had a chance to use on corners, which is pretty cool BTW.

Still messing with sliders to hopefully find some level of acceptable gameplay because if I was a developer on this game I'd kindly request that my name be taken off the credits. So far what a joke......still working

5/10....and that's being really generous
So safe to say that nothing has changed since the arcadey demo (was one of the worst FIFAs I've played)? I was still debating on getting it thinking the final product might be better, but I think I'll pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #52

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Have to agree about the defensive AI taking a step back from FIFA 14. Reminds of that "oh, I am so f*cked" feeling from FIFA 12 and FIFA 13, whenever the CPU would have ball anywhere near my penalty area. Just waiting for that inevitable screw up while I'm trying to correct stupid positioning by my defenders.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2014, 02:59 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd have to disagree about the officiating being the same old FIFA. They've definitely improved the foul calls in this game. I've already seen more yellow/red cards in three days of playing that I saw in months on FIFA '14.

I'm playing against Ghana on 6 minute halves right now. Samuel Inkoom picked up a yellow in the 7th minute and Michael Essien got a straight red card in the 38th.

They may vary from game to game with the different referee settings (side note, there's 105 different referees in this game), but they're definitely calling them now.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:35 AM   #54
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Have to agree about the defensive AI taking a step back from FIFA 14. Reminds of that "oh, I am so f*cked" feeling from FIFA 12 and FIFA 13, whenever the CPU would have ball anywhere near my penalty area. Just waiting for that inevitable screw up while I'm trying to correct stupid positioning by my defenders.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
I have a complete different experience on this one. In all previous Fifa games teammate cpu AI in defense was atrocious. You can easily see this improvement in the Be A Captain mode.
Foul calling is greatly improved also. They need to fix the game speed though asap.
The best Fifa to date is mostly getting mediocre reviews. No surprises again.

Last edited by fearwhatnow; 04-20-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #55
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
I'd have to disagree about the officiating being the same old FIFA. They've definitely improved the foul calls in this game. I've already seen more yellow/red cards in three days of playing that I saw in months on FIFA '14.

I'm playing against Ghana on 6 minute halves right now. Samuel Inkoom picked up a yellow in the 7th minute and Michael Essien got a straight red card in the 38th.

They may vary from game to game with the different referee settings (side note, there's 105 different referees in this game), but they're definitely calling them now.

Z,

What settings are you using? Have you made changes to sliders?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Z,

What settings are you using? Have you made changes to sliders?

Thanks!
Legendary, slow game speed. Only sliders I've touched so far are increasing injury frequency/severity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »