Home

Out of the Park Baseball 15: Preview Build Impressions

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 15: Preview Build Impressions within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Out of the Park Baseball 15: Preview Build Impressions

I’ve had sometime to explore the latest edition of Out of the Park, perhaps one of the most highly regarded sports titles here at Operation Sports. Each year, OOTP seems to take small but meaningful steps toward being the most comprehensive and realistic baseball sim available.

Here are some quick thoughts after a week with Out of the Park 15.

Read More - Out of the Park Baseball 15: Preview Build Impressions
Platform: PC / Mac / iOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Hopefully I will be able to dive into this over the weekend.

Markus did post a few days ago that 3D wouldn't be ready for release.

Quote:
However, there's one area of the game that we're still working on, and we've thought long and hard about it only to come to one conclusion: 3D mode won't be quite ready for prime time on OOTP's Opening Day. We've been feverishly working on it, and it's in really good shape in a lot of ways: You can import 3D models in various formats in the ballpark editor, activate 3D mode when playing out a game and view a 3D stadium that you can view through the defined cameras, and you can see the 3D ball flight and the player names and ratings on the field. The game ships with a generic fictional major league stadium and a generic fictional minor league park; those are ready to be used right away.

3D mode isn't perfect, though: The ball flight isn't always as realistic as it should be, and there are some other issues, including little things missing that we expected to be done for release initially (3D replay, special situations like ground rule doubles, weather effects etc.).

We never want any area of the game to be less than perfect, but unfortunately 3D will still be a work in progress upon release. We're trying to resolve the issues and improve the feature as fast as we can, but we won't be able to deal with everything by the 18th (or the 21st). We'd rather take this route than delay the release, especially since everything else in the game is ready.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:23 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
OOTP is amazing. I have no doubt they'll get the 3D fixed in short order. I just need to figure out what I'll be doing when I first get the game...Historical or current day rosters...Can't wait!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 15: Preview Build Impressions

you are right, I just need to figure out what I'll be doing when I first get the game.thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »