Home

The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show

This is a discussion on The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #25
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Ha ha Blzr I remember 9 years ago how we used to "argue" about 2k5. I think that might have been when you posted your infamous batting swing "tif" in the thread to defend the batting stances in the game (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyways, how could i ever guess that you were going to put that on your top 5 (xtreme sarcasm). But seriously that game had more undelivered promise and potential than any other baseball game in history (except for when World Series Baseball on dreamcast released a game with NO MANUAL USER FIELDING).

At the time MLB 2k5 on Xbox was the prettiest sports game ever, especially the lighting. Sound was great too. Gameplay was eeeehhhhh...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #26
Rookie

NEBULUZZ's Arena

OVR: 3
I remember playing a full 162 game season of MVP 2005.....best baseball game ever.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1
Maybe I'm old but I'm surprised not many are mentioning the first Tony Larussa game for sega genesis. It was the ultimate sim. The game play the exact right way with real lifetime generated stats. Big problem was the game saved your game results during a season but not the stats which was a real shame. Tony Larussa baeseball and high heat have to be the first ones on the list IMO.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #28
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America
It's nice to see ASB 05 get some love. That was an underrated game that did not quite play as well in the field as MVP 05, but was incredibly deep. My favortiie part was actually the ballpark tours, narrated by Thom Brenneman. Very cool. You could tell the Acclaim guys loved baseball. Another game snuffed out 2K's revenge deal with MLB. 05 was pretty good year for ball.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:41 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
Maybe I'm old but I'm surprised not many are mentioning the first Tony Larussa game for sega genesis. It was the ultimate sim. The game play the exact right way with real lifetime generated stats. Big problem was the game saved your game results during a season but not the stats which was a real shame. Tony Larussa baeseball and high heat have to be the first ones on the list IMO.

I never played it on a console, but I did have one version for the PC and loved it. An awesome game and was probably the first "real sim" baseball game I played. I then moved into FPS: Baseball Pro (PC), and High Heat (played on PSX and PC) - I forget which version I had for PSX but I remember playing the heck out of it.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 AM   #30
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Ha ha Blzr I remember 9 years ago how we used to "argue" about 2k5. I think that might have been when you posted your infamous batting swing "tif" in the thread to defend the batting stances in the game (correct me if I'm wrong).
It was the swing follow-throughs. They were the worst things ever seen, I was pissed about them haha. I was like: "This is physically impossible to do!"

What's sad is that I obviously didn't have a camera that could slow down to 400 FPS, so I just tried to swing at the exact same slow-motion speed as that replay shot lol. Slow-motion swings don't work as well as fast-motion.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-17-2014, 01:29 AM   #31
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
It's nice to see ASB 05 get some love. That was an underrated game that did not quite play as well in the field as MVP 05, but was incredibly deep. My favortiie part was actually the ballpark tours, narrated by Thom Brenneman. Very cool. You could tell the Acclaim guys loved baseball. Another game snuffed out 2K's revenge deal with MLB. 05 was pretty good year for ball.
If I remember correctly, Acclaim filed for bankruptcy before 2K even nabbed the third party license.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 02:19 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

THIS game should have made the cut... LaRussa 95. Simply an amazing simulation game that required to sliders or nothing - just play it out of the box. Countless hours on this game...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (17.1 KB, 63 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »