Home

The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show

This is a discussion on The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show

When I sat down to research and write this article for Operation Sports, I faced a dilemma. I wanted to make this list as comprehensive as any top five list could be, but I've never had the chance to play any iteration of MLB: The Show on PS3. So how does anyone pick only five games from the rich history of video game baseball AND leave out the best console baseball game of the last generation? Well, for me it became about games that I remember loving, and games that are still remembered fondly by my fellow sports gamers. Have a look at my top five greatest console baseball games, The Show excluded, and let me know what you think.

Read More - The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
My Sega died a year or two ago, so I can't play World Series Baseball anymore. I loved that game. As I wait for the Show to come out on the PS4, I've been playing Baseball Stars on my NES. That game was ahead of its time.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
Rookie

Can we start a petition for EA to stop making NBA games and make a new MVP? They already have a great engine. Update the graphics, add some new mechanics, and you have a game that instantly competes with the Show (and will dominate the baseball market on Xbox). I just don't understand how EA doesn't see this.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show

I don't understand why Microsoft purchased the rights to High Heat when 3D0 went under and then never did anything with it. Would've made a great XBLA game with updated rosters, unis, etc. every year.

As a non-PS3 owner, I'm still playing MVP 05 on my PC with the great mods over at mvpmods.com. If only it had HD graphics...
Old 04-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
1 Pro Yakyuu spirits 2013 2.MVP 05 3 MLB power Pros 4.VR baseball 5.All Star 2003. That's right a Japanese sim over MVP. And it was close I still have an xbox with mvp and love the gameplay itself. I miss the days where we didn't have to screw with sliders for a game to play well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I am very surprised you did include Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest on the N64 in this list. This was easily one of the top baseball games I have played including the show. I would probably put that in their over High Heat but that's only because I never played a High Heat game.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #7
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Re: The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecicco17
Can we start a petition for EA to stop making NBA games and make a new MVP? They already have a great engine. Update the graphics, add some new mechanics, and you have a game that instantly competes with the Show (and will dominate the baseball market on Xbox). I just don't understand how EA doesn't see this.
They don't have the rights to that engine anymore. The studio that makes Pro Yakyuu bought it from EA a few years back I'm pretty sure.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
Rookie

AaeriosGames's Arena

I remember spending countless hours playing MVP Baseball 05 during one of the summer's of my youth. I had a multi-year franchise with the Red Sox but found myself playing with the AAA squad just as much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »