Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #105
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Ok my impressions after 7 games.... Love the old school style of play. But what the hell!!! I have yet to win a game or hit a homer! I've even tried all the old tricks from RBI like standing back in the batters box and pushing up during the swing..... Nothin!

I mean I play as the Brew Crew so I should at least put a few out of the park by now.

I hope roster updates come out later in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, iOS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
mmm, good question KB. If you don't mind the no stats, not much presentation, but fun game play, you might like it. I didn't play Baseball Stars, but heard it was involved with stats and management. I do recall bases loaded, but don't recall a lot of it. I also played Roger Clemens Baseball on the NES. I still liked RBI better.

KB, my suggestion would be to try the demo and see if you can get a feel for it. If you like like it, go for it, if not, time to move on?
Yeah, I don't mind the no stats, per se. Baseball Stars was a little more "feature rich" (won't say complex though I guess it might be for a NES game) and some basic stats, but Bases Loaded had no stats tracking and I kept my record (was a kid then) in a spiral notebook and loved it (especially Bases Loaded 2 with the biorhythms)

Damn, no demo for the iPad version, not even free to download, but then $4.99 if I want the full game - ugh. I'll have to remember to grab it from my PS3.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #107
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
Please don't post that I can keep stats in a notebook. The world was much different in 1988 in so many ways.
Yep, you can use Excel or the Open Office or Mac equivalent nowadays j/k
Old 04-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #108
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I got it for my iPhone 5.

For the life of me I cannot get a hit.

I find the fielding to be very unresponsive - I just can't get a throw to any base with speed (ie. touching the proper base - typically I get no response). Not sure if my right hand is just too dumb to respond or what.

For $5 I feel like I have a nice mobile baseball game to play, though more pitchers and players would have been nice.

Personally, this game will only be used to kill time.

On a scale of 1 (terrible) to 10 (awesome) - I'd probably give it a 6.5. Fun, that's about it. Definitely would NOT waste my money on the xbox for this...
Old 04-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #109
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yep, you can use Excel or the Open Office or Mac equivalent nowadays j/k
Even easier stat tracking device....
https://www.gamechanger.io/home
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #110
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I think my 5yr old nephew would love this and I would love to play it with him.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Ok my impressions after 7 games.... Love the old school style of play. But what the hell!!! I have yet to win a game or hit a homer! I've even tried all the old tricks from RBI like standing back in the batters box and pushing up during the swing..... Nothin!

I mean I play as the Brew Crew so I should at least put a few out of the park by now.

I hope roster updates come out later in the season.
I have played exclusively as Milwaukee. It takes a few games to figure out hitting. Lost my first 5 games, then went on a streak. I think Im about 17-5 now in season. Im not sure of it, but with Braun, Rami, sometimes Luc, I'll hold down right as I swing & it creates fly balls ala a power swing. No direction would give you a normal swing, and up tends to induce ground balls. Usually during the AB you will get a nice straight pitch over the plate, so don't hesitate to take a couple pitches.
All assuming you are playing on a console. By the end of the first day I was leading in Wins/HR/R, so it's possible. Keep @ it! Weeks has some power as a PH too.

A roster update at some point would be nice. Maybe after the season is underway a bit more the lineups can be adjusted too. Seeing as stats are only team based, a roster update would likely be automatically implemented into your season. Good Luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah RayRay, Rifle_man is right. DOWN is for fly balls. UP is for grounders. So if you're holding up, that's probably why no homers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »