Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Check back in the summer, there is a rumor multi player will be available in the summer.
Yeah, I just saw a post regarding that. Hopefully that is that case and maybe it will coincide with a sale. I'd be willing to pay $10 and just be happy playing online games. I probably wouldn't even bother with a season without stats.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_Man81
Assisted fielding?
Does RBI still have full manual fielding ?

Big problem I have with the Show is the semi-automated fielding and cpu overriding your control inputs.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
Does RBI still have full manual fielding ?

Big problem I have with the Show is the semi-automated fielding and cpu overriding your control inputs.
There is an assist option, but even the standard still does the diving for you. I still like it.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #100
Rookie

Quote:
I have a hard time answering if I've played the game when you quoted a post of mine that stated I won a game 3 to 1?? I've played several games.

For me, not having stats isn't a deal breaker, but do understand that it is for others with the price point of the DLC and agree it would be nice to have added stats.

That isn't the direction the company took.
I read your post. I was being facetious. If you played it you should know its not the original game. "That isn't the direction the company took." No kidding, Caption obvious. Can people be critical of the game or is it your job to remind everyone its their own fault for expecting something logical? < That's rhetorical.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #101
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I know I mentioned it would be my final comment, but I found this paragraph in an article last month.

I agree, stats would have been nice and added to the game play. I had a great low scoring game last night that ended in a 3-1 win.

It looks like future versions will have enhancements, they wanted to nail the core game play first.

The modes we have right now are in line with the expectation of R.B.I. It's very important for us to make sure that the gameplay experience stays true to the core of the entire era and the genre," said Leece, when asked about the basic setup. It's possible that future games in the series from MLB Advanced Media could offer an expanded feature set. But "for this version," Leece continued, "we specifically wanted to focus on making sure that we nailed that right. Adding window dressing, and enhanced features and modes, may have gotten in the way of us getting the core experience right."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/549...ple-fast-paced
Im calling shenanigans on those statements. Typical spin doctor type statements from a company. The idea that they were worried a out nailing gameplay before adding stats in a sport that is heavily stat based in ridiculous. If they wanted to nail the style of that era, they'd have started with similar styled graphics of that era in the first place. Sounds more like they are spinning this because its a rushed game and they wanted to test the waters first with a cheap production before sinking money into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #102
Rookie

A fun game definitely a nice throwback to easier game play days. Don't really care about stats but online play would take this over the top and make it more worth the $20 price point. Heard there's a possibility of multiplayer being added later would make this something I play constantly.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 4

I played the demo about 20 seconds today, and quite frankly I couldn't believe this was released in the year 2014.

Glad I still have 2k12....... Ohh God, what has happened to my baseball gaming life?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #104
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Well at least you gave it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
I played the demo about 20 seconds today, and quite frankly I couldn't believe this was released in the year 2014.

Glad I still have 2k12....... Ohh God, what has happened to my baseball gaming life?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »