Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #89
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

So any word on a PS3 demo?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #90
Banned

Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Meh, I think $20 is a lot for what they are offering, especially considering the mobile game, which appears to be the same as the console game, is five bucks. Yes, it's true to the original. The gameplay is fun. That's great, but in this day in age, if you're putting out a downloadable game and it's $20 bucks, you need more than that.

And even if it's fun, all you're doing is supporting a bare bones game at a high price and encouraging that.
I agree. Yes the original didn't have stats but that was before the battery in the NES was put in place for games like Zelda and Baseball Stars so you could save stats. I won't get it and just stick with MLB Bobble heads/Power Pros or Baseball Stars on emulator but hope it does well enough to get done again next year and maybe get some improvements I want.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #91
All Star

OVR: 35

I'm going to pass on the Xbox version unless to drops to $10 or less. I might get the Android version for my tablet, whenever that gets released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #92
All Star

OVR: 13

The game may be fun (I don't know, haven't played it although I loved the original as I've reminisced about many times on this here forum), but this is really the only baseball game available on any Microsoft platform? Yikes. I mean, I wasn't expecting a legitimate rival to "The Show", but this is a 16-bit answer to a next-gen game.

Having said all that, I'd give it a shot for $5 or so (on Xbox), but not more than that. Seems like a pretty shallow experience.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I know I mentioned it would be my final comment, but I found this paragraph in an article last month.

I agree, stats would have been nice and added to the game play. I had a great low scoring game last night that ended in a 3-1 win.

It looks like future versions will have enhancements, they wanted to nail the core game play first.

The modes we have right now are in line with the expectation of R.B.I. It's very important for us to make sure that the gameplay experience stays true to the core of the entire era and the genre," said Leece, when asked about the basic setup. It's possible that future games in the series from MLB Advanced Media could offer an expanded feature set. But "for this version," Leece continued, "we specifically wanted to focus on making sure that we nailed that right. Adding window dressing, and enhanced features and modes, may have gotten in the way of us getting the core experience right."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/549...ple-fast-paced
I bought the game for PS3. I'm about 22 or so games in. Have you played the game yet? I guess I have a hard time understanding your vehement defense of the lack of stats against others impressions that without stats it wears thin during the grind of a season.
Did the original game have online leaderboards?
The DH?
Different field dimentions?
Assisted fielding?
Unlockable jerseys?
The argument that they are trying to "stick with the original concept to maintain gameplay" goes right out the window when at least three changes have happend in the gameplay directly, and also going through the effort to create online leaderboards. To track accumulated vs CPU team stats.
I enjoy the game. And I like the added leaderboard and the many other modifications. But I have about 140 games left in my season. It would be nice to look at something other the standings which wont probably be relevant for 120 more games, or 40 hours of gameplay. You know what I do check? The online leaderboard. That will suffice until some people hack it out like every other game

Sorry for the rant.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #94
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_Man81
I bought the game for PS3. I'm about 22 or so games in. Have you played the game yet? I guess I have a hard time understanding your vehement defense of the lack of stats against others impressions that without stats it wears thin during the grind of a season.
Did the original game have online leaderboards?
The DH?
Different field dimentions?
Assisted fielding?
Unlockable jerseys?
The argument that they are trying to "stick with the original concept to maintain gameplay" goes right out the window when at least three changes have happend in the gameplay directly, and also going through the effort to create online leaderboards. To track accumulated vs CPU team stats.
I enjoy the game. And I like the added leaderboard and the many other modifications. But I have about 140 games left in my season. It would be nice to look at something other the standings which wont probably be relevant for 120 more games, or 40 hours of gameplay. You know what I do check? The online leaderboard. That will suffice until some people hack it out like every other game

Sorry for the rant.
I have a hard time answering if I've played the game when you quoted a post of mine that stated I won a game 3 to 1?? I've played several games.

For me, not having stats isn't a deal breaker, but do understand that it is for others with the price point of the DLC and agree it would be nice to have added stats.

That isn't the direction the company took.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23
Played the demo, I knew what to expect after seeing the videos. Its good for what it is. A retro game at too high of a price. I have the show and as a PS3 user if i am not happy with it. Ii have import options for baseball games. Konami needs to bring bobbleheads stateside for the PS3 and its cheaper to import than DL this
Right with you, minus The Show part. I probably won't get The Show because I just don't have the time to invest in a game like that. I had such high hopes for this game because I love the simplistic nature of the original games and I really enjoyed the Power Pros games. As soon as I found out that this game wouldn't have online and didn't track stats I tapped out. Being able to play against my cousin or buddies like we did back in the day would've been awesome. Now we're all gron up and live miles and miles apart. Couch games aren't an option.

What a missed opportunity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #96
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens52bears54
Right with you, minus The Show part. I probably won't get The Show because I just don't have the time to invest in a game like that. I had such high hopes for this game because I love the simplistic nature of the original games and I really enjoyed the Power Pros games. As soon as I found out that this game wouldn't have online and didn't track stats I tapped out. Being able to play against my cousin or buddies like we did back in the day would've been awesome. Now we're all gron up and live miles and miles apart. Couch games aren't an option.

What a missed opportunity.
Check back in the summer, there is a rumor multi player will be available in the summer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »