Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #81
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Glad I wasted my $5 on this thing, it crashes while loading a game every time on my iPad Mini. What a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Half the people posting are passing because of a lack of simple stats. It is such an easy thing to program. Please don't post that I can keep stats in a notebook. The world was much different in 1988 in so many ways. There is no excuse for bypassing any stats or enhancements. They are grabbing cash based on nostalgia alone.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #83
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Meh, I think $20 is a lot for what they are offering, especially considering the mobile game, which appears to be the same as the console game, is five bucks. Yes, it's true to the original. The gameplay is fun. That's great, but in this day in age, if you're putting out a downloadable game and it's $20 bucks, you need more than that.

And even if it's fun, all you're doing is supporting a bare bones game at a high price and encouraging that.
Yeah, but that is a personal choice. To you, it's a high priced game. To me, it's a fun game worth the 20 bucks.

To each their own.

I've paid out more than that on movies that didn't meet my expectations and the movie is 90 minutes long.

I have no problems with people that feel this is a high priced DLC and take a pass on the game and people should have no problems if others are having fun with the game at that cost.

Based on the early report on this game, I wasn't expecting any more than what's out right now. I knew what I was buying when I purchased the DLC.

And that will be all I comment on this.

Last edited by roadman; 04-09-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #84
Rookie

This game is great on iOS. Does anyone with the mobile version know how to play as the Home team in Exibition mode?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:52 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is anyone else having this problem? I'm trying to play a 162 game season as the Dodgers. After the first or second game of the season the game sticks on the line score screen. I have to back out to my desktop. Once I go back into the game I find my season didn't save and I have to start over. Anyone experiencing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab713
This game is great on iOS. Does anyone with the mobile version know how to play as the Home team in Exibition mode?
just click on "swap teams"
Old 04-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #87
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I know I mentioned it would be my final comment, but I found this paragraph in an article last month.

I agree, stats would have been nice and added to the game play. I had a great low scoring game last night that ended in a 3-1 win.

It looks like future versions will have enhancements, they wanted to nail the core game play first.

The modes we have right now are in line with the expectation of R.B.I. It's very important for us to make sure that the gameplay experience stays true to the core of the entire era and the genre," said Leece, when asked about the basic setup. It's possible that future games in the series from MLB Advanced Media could offer an expanded feature set. But "for this version," Leece continued, "we specifically wanted to focus on making sure that we nailed that right. Adding window dressing, and enhanced features and modes, may have gotten in the way of us getting the core experience right."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/549...ple-fast-paced

Last edited by roadman; 04-10-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
just click on "swap teams"
Thanks, I saw this reported elsewhere and it was the first thing I tried, but all it did was swap the team, not the actual control of that team. I was still set to control the Road team. I will try to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that helps.

Update: Yep, reinstalling it fixed it.

Last edited by ab713; 04-10-2014 at 09:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »