Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #73
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

can you play this online? looks like this could be fun to play against others online.. if not... probably not worth the download to play against computer. that would be very boring..

Last edited by steveeee; 04-09-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, iOS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I would say if you didn't play the original RBI, you probably won't like it because you are used to 2k and The Show. If you did play the original RBI, you will probably like the game.
How about someone who played old baseball games (like MicroLeague and that godawful game just called "Baseball" on the NES and some baseball game on the Atari), was a big fan of Baseball Stars and Bases Loaded, but never played RBI on the NES?

Do you think I'd like it?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
How about someone who played old baseball games (like MicroLeague and that godawful game just called "Baseball" on the NES and some baseball game on the Atari), was a big fan of Baseball Stars and Bases Loaded, but never played RBI on the NES?

Do you think I'd like it?
mmm, good question KB. If you don't mind the no stats, not much presentation, but fun game play, you might like it. I didn't play Baseball Stars, but heard it was involved with stats and management. I do recall bases loaded, but don't recall a lot of it. I also played Roger Clemens Baseball on the NES. I still liked RBI better.

KB, my suggestion would be to try the demo and see if you can get a feel for it. If you like like it, go for it, if not, time to move on?

For those about the stats and money, I get it, but here's the thing for me. 20 years ago, I didn't track stats for RBI, so, why would I now? It's a personal choice and decision, not a deal breaker for me, for others, it is. Again, if that's your thing, as someone above stated, grab a notebook like in the old days and track it or just don't buy the game.

As far as price, in the early 90's, I paid over $50 for the same game as I bought today for $20 bucks.

I just don't see the comparison, same game essentially, and $30 bucks cheaper and not taking into account inflation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 0

Is there no demo for ps3? If there is I can't see one.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
can you play this online? looks like this could be fun to play against others online.. if not... probably not worth the download to play against computer. that would be very boring..
Supposedly online is going to be patched in this summer.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #78
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

I think the problem is that the world has evolved since RBI last came out. You can't charge $20 bucks for a bare bones product these days, even for one without much competition.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
I think the problem is that the world has evolved since RBI last came out. You can't charge $20 bucks for a bare bones product these days, even for one without much competition.
I would tend to agree with this, but it depends if you feel that bare bones product is still fun.

To me, it is.

All it is a DLC arcade baseball game based on the early 90's game.

Last edited by roadman; 04-09-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #80
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I would tend to agree with this, but it depends if you feel that bare bones product is still fun.

To me, it is.

All it is a DLC arcade baseball game based on the early 90's game.
Meh, I think $20 is a lot for what they are offering, especially considering the mobile game, which appears to be the same as the console game, is five bucks. Yes, it's true to the original. The gameplay is fun. That's great, but in this day in age, if you're putting out a downloadable game and it's $20 bucks, you need more than that.

And even if it's fun, all you're doing is supporting a bare bones game at a high price and encouraging that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »