Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #65
Rookie

NinjaGigolo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying, but when the first word came out earlier this year about this game, it was stated they wanted to stay authentic to the original and be true to the original.

I didn't expect much outside of that.

If they said we want to put some different things in or enhance the original, then I could expect something different.

They didn't mislead anyone in advertising for the game.(I'm not suggesting you are thinking this)

Maybe they want to see if they have a money maker here. If not, this could be a one and done deal.
The thing is, they COULD have had a big money maker. I firmly believe there is a large market of guys like me. I'm 31 with wife, kids, job. I get maybe 30min to an hour daily.

I, and I think many others in my age range would love the classic two button gameplay with modern presentation. I told two of my fellow teachers and and 4-5 of my high school students about. The adults were super excited until I told them no stats. The teens thought it was cool until I told them they had to pay for it on their phones. I just don't know what the market is unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGigolo
The thing is, they COULD have had a big money maker. I firmly believe there is a large market of guys like me. I'm 31 with wife, kids, job. I get maybe 30min to an hour daily.

I, and I think many others in my age range would love the classic two button gameplay with modern presentation. I told two of my fellow teachers and and 4-5 of my high school students about. The adults were super excited until I told them no stats. The teens thought it was cool until I told them they had to pay for it on their phones. I just don't know what the market is unfortunately.
That's the big word, though, is could, we won't know.

I'm just saying, to spend money, you need to make money first.

Maybe if there is a strong enough support on the customers end, it could lead to bigger and better things in the near future.

I'm sure just adding mutli player in the summer might boost their market place.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #67
All Star

OVR: 35

Played the demo several times. If it were less than $10, I would've bought. At $20, I'm not sure if I'll play it enough to make it worth it. Would like to have a game to play on my TV, rather playing MVP 05 on my PC, so I still might think about it. If it tracked stats, that would've helped sell me.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #68
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'd like to see this available on the 3DS and Vita. Would be perfect for a handheld gaming system.
My thoughts exactly. This would have been an easy purchase on my 3DS.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #69
Rookie

NinjaGigolo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That's the big word, though, is could, we won't know.

I'm just saying, to spend money, you need to make money first.

Maybe if there is a strong enough support on the customers end, it could lead to bigger and better things in the near future.

I'm sure just adding mutli player in the summer might boost their market place.
But MLB helped finance this. Why not add at least some basic stats. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but this was soooo close to being great. As it stands it is just ok.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not here to get into an argument but truth be told the game sounds like a let down. Sure you get some quick and "classic" gameplay. You also get all the teams and a majority of the players. That may be fun for a while but at the end of the day there has to be something to add to the time spent playing. It's simple, and as so many have stated, it's stats. Just some simple stats is all that is needed.

The price is also just too high. There isn't anything it offers to justify a $20 price point. For those happy with the game and price that's fine but you can't deny that there are more people wanting stats and a lower price than those happy with the product. Add stats and lower the price to $15 and the sales will happen.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

If you want to keep stats keep them in a spiral notebook.

Just like back in the day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3
Played the demo, I knew what to expect after seeing the videos. Its good for what it is. A retro game at too high of a price. I have the show and as a PS3 user if i am not happy with it. Ii have import options for baseball games. Konami needs to bring bobbleheads stateside for the PS3 and its cheaper to import than DL this

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »