Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
What device do you have? Played great on my iPhone 5. Only struck out once. K'd the CPU maybe half a dozen times. Final score 1-0.
iPhone 4 iOS 7.

Is it not the same game on iPhone 4 as iPhone 5?
Old 04-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #58
Rookie

Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunebug
It's probably the same game. But that is a much older phone with lower performance. If the framerate is worse, then that could potentially make it harder to make contact.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #59
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Ok, I understand that this Arcade BB game is made to mimic the original RBI game. And that this is for those that don't need all those stats or difficult gameplay etc and that's fine and I get it. However, what about those with Xbox360/1 that do want a decent BB game for their console. Are they left out? Is this what is going to look like for the nextgen XB1 and PS4 in terms of graphics or are they going to spice it up a little?

It just seem strange to me that no third party or MS has announced that a comparable to The Show BB game for the XB1 is in the works. I know we can forget about this year but maybe next year?
The only company with a very good base for a baseball game is KONAMI imo. But the MLB license is too expensive for them unfortunately. I wouldn't trust EA or MS right now. X360 users are stuck with this. Alternatively The Bigs 2 is still a superb baseball game if X360 owners don't want the RBI or the past MLB2k games.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
I played a full game despite my frustration over the stats. The phrase that keeps going through my mind is "missed opportunity".

I wanted them to keep the simplistic two button approach so I am fine with the way control feels. I sort of wish they would have put a little more flavor into the graphics. They are fine but they could have really made it timeless by giving it a little more visual spice, even within the cartoony approach. It seems like the approach was bare minimum but nothing in the graphics would present me from enjoying it.

At the end of the day it literally feels like the old game with a vanilla graphic update. Why not add stats so people could compare leaderboards for kicks? Why not add in some fun ballpark sounds and without straying from the arcade theme give it some fun sound bites? Why not add a few advancements within the simple control scheme like diving for balls just as most games from the era did.

It is too bad. All I really needed to buy it was the basic gameplay with some enhancements here and there. Instead it feels like the exact same game only very vanilla and doing really nothing to improve on the original. Just to clarify i am not asking them to make it complex or overhaul the game...just more of the same but a little bigger and better. I think they missed the strike zone on this one. I am disappointed.
I understand what you are saying, but when the first word came out earlier this year about this game, it was stated they wanted to stay authentic to the original and be true to the original.

I didn't expect much outside of that.

If they said we want to put some different things in or enhance the original, then I could expect something different.

They didn't mislead anyone in advertising for the game.(I'm not suggesting you are thinking this)

Maybe they want to see if they have a money maker here. If not, this could be a one and done deal.

Last edited by roadman; 04-09-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #61
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunebug
iPhone 4 iOS 7.

I have it on the iPhone 4 and it's similar to what you describe. Frame rate problems and the controls are too small. I loaded it on a newer device and it's night and day better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Roadman i hear what you are saying and it is a good point. I don't feel misled at at all, it is more of a feeling of "what was the point"? It seems like if you are going to go to the trouble of doing a release you might as well do a few simple updates. Simple stats and a leaderboard would have been easy. I dunno, I probably had my expectations too high.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #63
Rookie

360 and GameCenter have overall leaderboards. I can compare my stats to other players. That's cool at least.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #64
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I'd like to see this available on the 3DS and Vita. Would be perfect for a handheld gaming system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »