Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunebug
Simply making contact is an impossibility...
What device do you have? Played great on my iPhone 5. Only struck out once. K'd the CPU maybe half a dozen times. Final score 1-0.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #50
Banned

Wista5's Arena

I'm getting this on PS3 tonight. I think its worth the $20. It will hold me over till The Show releases on PS4. I would get it on Ipad, but games with the virtual joystick are just awful. Question does this game have correct field / wall dimensions for stadiums or are they all just generic? I can't tell from the videos.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Well I just found it on PS3 (had to search) but don't see a demo. Really want to give the gameplay a try and see if it can hook me, because I'm in the camp that's very disappointed by the lack of in-season stats.

Anyone see a demo on PS3 that I'm just not seeing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothyRogers
Isn't this game supposed to come out today for PS3?
It is up on the PSN store for PS3. I'm downloading it now.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

The demo is fun. I'm going to wait for the Xbox One version to buy. The only thing I wish it had was some kind of multi-season mode. Maybe next year.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

I played a full game despite my frustration over the stats. The phrase that keeps going through my mind is "missed opportunity".

I wanted them to keep the simplistic two button approach so I am fine with the way control feels. I sort of wish they would have put a little more flavor into the graphics. They are fine but they could have really made it timeless by giving it a little more visual spice, even within the cartoony approach. It seems like the approach was bare minimum but nothing in the graphics would present me from enjoying it.

At the end of the day it literally feels like the old game with a vanilla graphic update. Why not add stats so people could compare leaderboards for kicks? Why not add in some fun ballpark sounds and without straying from the arcade theme give it some fun sound bites? Why not add a few advancements within the simple control scheme like diving for balls just as most games from the era did.

It is too bad. All I really needed to buy it was the basic gameplay with some enhancements here and there. Instead it feels like the exact same game only very vanilla and doing really nothing to improve on the original. Just to clarify i am not asking them to make it complex or overhaul the game...just more of the same but a little bigger and better. I think they missed the strike zone on this one. I am disappointed.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 10

If they don't want to add a franchise mode like we're used to, and I have a feeling they don't, one approach to a multi-season mode I think would be cool is to copy Tecmo Super Bowl. If you guys remember, those had 3 years worth of rosters for each team and you could replay the last 2 years and the current year with the real rosters for those years. Do that with RBI 15 and give it 3-5 years or so worth of rosters and it would be neat. It lets you feel like you have a little continuity in your league without having to deal with financial transactions and trade logic and draft logic and all that stuff that would probably complicate the game beyond what they have the staffing to handle. I think it would fit nicely for this type of game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #56
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

I should have clarified earlier when I asked about a box score. From the video I saw it looked like there is no expanded box score showing each players line for the game, just line totals per team. Is that correct? I'll probably get this regardless to play with my son, but I was just curious.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »