Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #113
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Just buy an used copy of 2k15 from some guy (not stores) and then don't spend a dime in VC.
This is the best strategy to boycott 2k but enjoy the game at the same time.
That doesn't really help. All 2k will see there is that the game was sold for full retail price once at $60, then it was traded-in and re-purchased by someone at a price between $45-$20. That means 2k sold one game for a total of $105 at its highest value, 2k wins still.

The only way to truly boycott a game is not purchase the game at any stage in its cycle.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #114
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Just buy an used copy of 2k15 from some guy (not stores) and then don't spend a dime in VC.
This is the best strategy to boycott 2k but enjoy the game at the same time.
Oops, didn't see you say one guy the first read through. But even that isn't really possible if you don't trust purchasing used copies online and your friends either, A; only purchase digital copies, or B; keep all their games.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #115
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Eh, honestly i'm sure part of the reason they did this is because they know their fanbase will buy it anyway(similar to the COD fanbase). Let's be honest here, how many of you people complaining are gonna impulsively shell out money for 2k15 next year and then complain about things they don't fix? They probably realize they don't need to really try and i doubt they care much about improving the game when they know they'll still make a good profit anyway. The last 2k i bought before 2k14 was 2k11. 2k12 and 2k13 i bought used purposely so 2k would not get any of my profit, and i'll probably be doing it next year. If i don't find a used copy i just won't buy it. I'm in the minority though. Most people forget whatever gripes they had when they see whatever trailer 2k puts out all of a sudden they're like "OH MAH GOD MANE, DIS DA BEST LOOKING THING I EVER SEEN, I GOTTA THROW MY MONEY AT 2K CUZ I'M IMPULSIVE AND HAVE TO PLAY DIS MAN". It's sad really. For all the complaints 2k got about 2k14 this year, it won't mean a thing if they still sell well. As a matter of fact it'll prove that they don't have to try and people will buy anything(it's not like there's much of a choice, there's 2 NBA basketball games out and 1 is sooo bad that it makes 2k a game that's ok but needs a lot of work, look like the god of bball games).
This is just silly.

like every gamer that doesn't take your stance lacks common sense and self control. Please. Proceed with your "movement", but don't generalize everyone else.

I'll say it right now...there's a 9/10 chance I'll buy new next year...and it's not because I am going to "OMGZ" or what ever else you want to put in capital letters at the trailer. It's because I enjoyed enough of 2k14 that they've earned my next buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 4

Haha wow. I am losing hope in 2K very quickly. Was planning on buying this once I got my PS4, but probably not anymore. The whole VC grinding CRAP made me sick of 2k13, then 2k14 current gen.

PSN: DezRondo
Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 12
Their arrogance now is staggering. I am shocked. They used to be the humble, awesome and hard working developer that made a great game. Now, however, they just want money. I did not spend $59.99 for a game only to have to spend more money to play it. I reject this model and thus I am considering doing the unthinkable, not purchasing it next year.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:34 PM   #118
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1

All the people boycotting VC just play offline MyGM you don't even have to upgrade any skills really. You just need to buy the "allow to change coaching rotation" skill.

Just enjoy the game offline.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #119
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
VC = BS

One of the reasons why I gave up playing this game. Better not have VC for nba 2k15 or at least make it more realistic...if not no 2k15 for me. ENOUGH of this BS.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #120
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
All the people boycotting VC just play offline MyGM you don't even have to upgrade any skills really. You just need to buy the "allow to change coaching rotation" skill.

Just enjoy the game offline.
It's the principal of the matter. Plus, the game shouldn't need to be all online anways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »