Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #97
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Just waiting for anyone to acknowledge the change. It's just like that song "say something, I'm giving up on you" ha.

Don't get me wrong, i'm with you...I would just expect this from Ronnie or LD2k....as they are public relations....not the development team. It'd be like asking the food preparers at McDonalds why the price of the double cheeseburger went up....

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-23-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #98
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Yeah I gave up on this game in like January because I can't stand the VC crap. No way am I going to shell out even MORE money on micro-transactions when I already dropped $60 to buy the game in the first place. Not to mention the game was missing so many features, and to have to pay earned VC to set your lineup? Are you serious? BTW, GMs don't set the lineup, so you guys might want to change the name of that game mode back to just the Association. Doesn't really matter to me though as I won't be buying 2K15. if I do succumb to it, it will be used and cheap, either way, 2K won't get any money from me. I'm sick of the hype and final product not even coming close to matching each other.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #99
Rookie

Luis241989's Arena

OVR: 0
Great article! Glad u acknowledged this 2k shot themselves in the foot this year i just got rid of the game its unplayable unless u give them your credit card number and with all the bugs this game has i will be skipping 2k15 this is the perfect time for live to bring out a playable product this october.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #100
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

How insanely arrogant of 2K. They know the playoffs are coming about and are looking to take advantage of people that get the 2K itch smh.

Shame the major gaming media won't take 2K to task over this.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm going to contact ign and gamespot and forward them this article. I doubt either would write something but you never know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2014, 01:41 AM   #102
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Of course they don't make the decision, but you'd think with it being pointed out, they'd mention"why" the change.
Because like Steve Nash, they want the money.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #103
MVP

Eh, honestly i'm sure part of the reason they did this is because they know their fanbase will buy it anyway(similar to the COD fanbase). Let's be honest here, how many of you people complaining are gonna impulsively shell out money for 2k15 next year and then complain about things they don't fix? They probably realize they don't need to really try and i doubt they care much about improving the game when they know they'll still make a good profit anyway. The last 2k i bought before 2k14 was 2k11. 2k12 and 2k13 i bought used purposely so 2k would not get any of my profit, and i'll probably be doing it next year. If i don't find a used copy i just won't buy it. I'm in the minority though. Most people forget whatever gripes they had when they see whatever trailer 2k puts out all of a sudden they're like "OH MAH GOD MANE, DIS DA BEST LOOKING THING I EVER SEEN, I GOTTA THROW MY MONEY AT 2K CUZ I'M IMPULSIVE AND HAVE TO PLAY DIS MAN". It's sad really. For all the complaints 2k got about 2k14 this year, it won't mean a thing if they still sell well. As a matter of fact it'll prove that they don't have to try and people will buy anything(it's not like there's much of a choice, there's 2 NBA basketball games out and 1 is sooo bad that it makes 2k a game that's ok but needs a lot of work, look like the god of bball games).
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #104
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Eh, honestly i'm sure part of the reason they did this is because they know their fanbase will buy it anyway(similar to the COD fanbase). Let's be honest here, how many of you people complaining are gonna impulsively shell out money for 2k15 next year and then complain about things they don't fix? They probably realize they don't need to really try and i doubt they care much about improving the game when they know they'll still make a good profit anyway. The last 2k i bought before 2k14 was 2k11. 2k12 and 2k13 i bought used purposely so 2k would not get any of my profit, and i'll probably be doing it next year. If i don't find a used copy i just won't buy it. I'm in the minority though. Most people forget whatever gripes they had when they see whatever trailer 2k puts out all of a sudden they're like "OH MAH GOD MANE, DIS DA BEST LOOKING THING I EVER SEEN, I GOTTA THROW MY MONEY AT 2K CUZ I'M IMPULSIVE AND HAVE TO PLAY DIS MAN". It's sad really. For all the complaints 2k got about 2k14 this year, it won't mean a thing if they still sell well. As a matter of fact it'll prove that they don't have to try and people will buy anything(it's not like there's much of a choice, there's 2 NBA basketball games out and 1 is sooo bad that it makes 2k a game that's ok but needs a lot of work, look like the god of bball games).
I disagree, I think they tried for NBA 2K14 next gen. If you look at the game and the modes that are in it, you can tell they tried. It's the fact that they didn't LISTEN to what consumers want, make necessary fixes to bugs, and continue to make the VC problem worse that have people upset.

I actually think they will make a solid 2K15 game, it might not have all the features everyone wants but I think it will be much better than 2K14. VC isn't going anywhere though which is a damn shame. If the game was more complete, MyCareer wasn't scripted and AI was smart, and had Associate mode or MyGM with 30 team control I would tolerate VC.

I also think that NBA Live 15 will be a solid competitor next year. I actually bought it this year, and I really loved the game modes, Ultimate Team is fantastic, and the presentation feels authentic. The Live team is actually trying and have made some improvements to the game since it released unlike 2K...if EA can get the graphics on par with 2K and make the players feel a little more real, Live 15 will be pretty solid IMO. The dribbling in Live feels much more realistic, there are no animations. (NBA Live does need a camera like 2K's 2K camera...I hate that broadcast view)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »