Home

NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Earlier this week, NBA 2K14 quietly installed a server-side update that has reduced the amount of virtual currency PlayStation 4 and Xbox One gamers receive for completing owner goals in the My GM game mode.

All season milestones which had previously awarded 200 VC and 250 VC, such as selling out 32 home games or winning the NBA championship, will now yield just 100 VC once they are completed.

Read More - NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K14: MyGM Virtual Currency Rewards Slashed by 40%

Unacceptable. Completely unacceptable on their part. They better enjoy it while they can because they've burned a whole lot of bridges this year.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm not surprised. NBA 2K14 is the most disappointing game I've played in a long time. I wish I'd never went on blind faith and preordered it, but the slick trailers, lack of information on some critical changes, and series' excellent past, led me into the trap. I won't make the same mistake again this year.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22
I was wondering what happened last night....I've been on-and-off playing MyGM and won the championship last night in my 4th year...I didn't notice any expected "jump" in VC for winning it all, just for the game.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's amazing to look at how nba 2k started on the Dreamcast to what they are doing now in which pure game sales isn't nearly enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Thanks for writing this, it's just another smack in the face. I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of people who "farm" have also spent way more actual money on this game than they would want to admit. The whole reason for farming is that the VC reward system is way out of balance--which of course is intentional so you are practically forced to buy VC to get deep into a mode like MyTeam.

I just read this morning that the winner of the Million VC giveaway couldn't even get the current 30 players he needed to unlock the diamond Lebron award! Think about it--1,000,000 VC isn't enough to get 30 current players you want...

The sad thing is they've changed the reward but are too cowardly to announce that they have and too lazy to change the graphic that now tells you the wrong amount. Pathetic.

Amazing how any part of the game that unintentionally benefits the consumer is quickly fixed while countless other problems will be ignored.

Last edited by knick9; 03-21-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #7
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
I quit playing it like a month in because of the virtual currency and all of the online requirements. Shame it is a great looking game.

Also growing tired of 2k and EA locking up all the uniforms and equipment on the games. I feel it is ok to lkokc up things like extra gm funds or a future star. But don't lock up the uniforms we as gamers pay 60 bucks for already. It is very close to bait and switch tactics.

Last edited by onac22; 03-21-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Traded it in towards the Show a while ago

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »