Home

MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'm considering the Marlins but with default rosters given the way mlbts calculates attributes as a 3 year average the Marlins will be the worst lineup in the National League and their starting pitching will have low durability.

They need to get some love from the new generated player system or with an aftermarket roster.
Yeah I was thinking this too, so much of the positives I see with my Fish are things that don't translate well in The Show. Hopefully their future does keep improving and in a couple years they'll be so much more enjoyable in the game.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #34
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6
Gonna try and return the Cubs to relevancy. I'm a first time buyer of The Show so just about every team intrigues me a bit it seems.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
Gonna try and return the Cubs to relevancy. I'm a first time buyer of The Show so just about every team intrigues me a bit it seems.
Agreed. Every time I read a thread like this where others explain the teams they have in mind or whenever I just read some MLB news I think I could probably take half of MLB and come up with an interesting general idea for a franchise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #36
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have always played with the Yankees except for MLB 12 where I used my hometown Marlins. I also did a 5 year Marlins chise on MVP 2005 (was an awesome one too…..won back to back WS).

Anyway my Marlins chise in 12 was a lot of fun…..I missed the post season by 2.5 games in year one…..and never went back to it as I played every pitch of knights amazing 1994 turn back the clock roster as….you guessed it the NYY. Lost in 4 to the go go White Sox in the ALCS…..heart wreching to say the least after such a superb regular season and ALDS. Huge let down.

I will again take on the NYY in my quest for my first WS victory with any team on any version of The Show. I am in the ALCS right now with the 1999 NY Yankees……I had made the ALCS in 2009 two straight years only to lose in 7 both years…..2011 made the ALCS…lost. On 13 I made the ALCS and lost in a game 7 to Boston (as I did in 11).

So for 14 I plan on tackling the NYY again but now……it will be easy to stick with the franchise with cross platform and carry over saves regardless of which version I end up getting for 15!

April 1st can't get here soon enough.

Now…..if I were going for a true rebuild…..Padres, Phillies, or Marlins.

If I wanted a really young team with a deep farm system…..I would not hesitate to take on the KC Royals in the AL and Miami in the NL…..both teams have a ton of upside and youth.

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 03-10-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #37
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I love that a Developer uses OSFM!

Except now I have to think about a dev possibly using the Cubs as I work on them. The pressure.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #38
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Maybe quick counts and player lock will result in me actually finishing a season for once....then again, I'm so OCD about sports games ill still probably try to play straight through, and as usual get bored with the same team, take a break and never come back....

Probably will try the Cubs, Nats and Rangers this year

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #39
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Yeah I was thinking this too, so much of the positives I see with my Fish are things that don't translate well in The Show. Hopefully their future does keep improving and in a couple years they'll be so much more enjoyable in the game.

The advantage they have is some young players, especially the pitching who can be developed with training into solid players. Their starting pitchers are all under team control for several years.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I'll probably do the Nats and either the BoSox or Rays.

As for another...perhaps the Rockies. Like the ball park, like the jerseys, and seems like a reasonable but not frustrating challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »