Home

MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #49
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
Rangers, Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, and Red Sox would make my top 5. And the reason. SD studios love overrated veterans based on past production. And these teams are lined with them. Cardinals just don't have speed my top 5 teams have. Nor do they have a true middle of the line up guy. Molina? Holiday? Craig? Me'h. Nationals not mentioned much here, tons of power and veteran talent, probably also better than the Cards. Tigers have Miguel in the middle of the lineup and good speed in front, and veterans behind, also better than the Cards. Blue Jays, same. Cards might not be top 10.
Lol...speed

Alot of generalizations and vague statements in that paragraph.

Cards had no speed last year (near last in SB's) yet somehow led the NL in runs. Speed is not that important if you can hit.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #50
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Noone is hating on the Braves. I just don't think they are a top 5 lineup. Top 5 pitching? Yeah I'd agree with that.

Cards won't hit .330 with RISP again, but they also won't rank 27th in HR's with Adams, Molina, Craig, Holliday, Tavaras, Peralta, and Carpenter staying somewhat healthy.

Craig missed the last month and Adams only started about half the games, while Kozma and Freese were horrible last year. It'll balance out.
My post was more directed at the guy that didnt have an opinion of his own, just laughed at everything that Braves guy was saying, not you. Cant hate on the Cards, built their team same way the Braves did for the most part. Much more likeable without LaRussa too haha.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #51
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
My post was more directed at the guy that didnt have an opinion of his own, just laughed at everything that Braves guy was saying, not you. Cant hate on the Cards, built their team same way the Braves did for the most part. Much more likeable without LaRussa too haha.
didnt have an opinion of my own wtf?? I stated any lineup with Uggla and BJ Upton was not top 5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrillo5
The only two that belong in that top 5 are the Dodgers and the Rangers. The orioles have a bunch of question marks and guys who could absolutely bust, the Yankees most likely will not even have that lineup because at least 2 of them will be injured, the only sure thing in the Angel's lineup is Trout, everyone else is injury plagued, unproven or bad, and the braves are o.k but bj upton has been bad and Simmons can't hit or get on base and Gattis still needs to prove he can be an everyday Cather and still be a good hitter
My Top 5:
5. Tigers (best hitter in the MLB in Cabrera with some other really solid veterans and young players.
4. Red Sox (solid consistent names with a couple young players capable of Rookie of the Year)
3. Cardinals (to me they have one question mark at 2nd base otherwise they have a very complete lineup with good depth, versatility and a lot of talent).
2. Rangers (they have good names that if they put out their above average seasons it could be extremely dangerous
1. Dodgers (multiple MVP candidates, and solid players throughout the lineup)
This is a more realistic list...
Old 03-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
And here come the homer posts.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #54
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm a little surprised to see the Braves and Angels in the top five, but the potential is certainly there. The Braves lost McCann, but there is no way BJ Upton and Uggla are worse this year than last. They should be very good. The Angels lineup has underachieved two years in a row, but they scare me a lot still. They have so many talented hitters.

I like the inclusion of the Orioles. I think Cruz goes off big time in 2014, and I think Wieters has a really strong season offensively. This hinges on how many games Machado plays of course, but that lineup is legit!

Great work man and a really nice read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #55
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

doesn't really bother me that the Cards are not in the top 5 list of lineups...

they would be right after top 5 though I would think.. either way we will see... I like it when the Cardinals are somewhat consider not top 5 lineup.. we always seem to do better than what is predicted when that happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #56
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
Rangers, Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, and Red Sox would make my top 5. And the reason. SD studios love overrated veterans based on past production. And these teams are lined with them. Cardinals just don't have speed my top 5 teams have. Nor do they have a true middle of the line up guy. Molina? Holiday? Craig? Me'h. Nationals not mentioned much here, tons of power and veteran talent, probably also better than the Cards. Tigers have Miguel in the middle of the lineup and good speed in front, and veterans behind, also better than the Cards. Blue Jays, same. Cards might not be top 10.
You say the Cards don't have a "true middle of the lineup guy" so they are out of your top 5, but the Braves are in. The following are some comparisons with stats over the last 3 years, with the most recent year being listed first.

Holliday: OWar: 4.2, 4.4, 4.1; OPS+: 144, 138, 151; WRC+: 148, 142, 154
Molina: OWar: 4.4, 5.1, 3.3; OPS+: 131, 137, 124; WRC+: 134, 139, 126
Upton: OWar: 3.3, 1.9, 5.1; OPS+: 122, 110, 140; WRC+: 129, 109, 141
Heyward: OWar: 1.8, 3.4, 0.9; OPS+: 111, 117, 93; WRC+: 120, 121, 93
Freeman: OWar: 4.8, 1.8, 1.8; OPS+: 144, 113, 116; WRC+: 150, 116, 120

So looking at those numbers, who is the "true middle of the lineup guy" the Braves have if Holliday isn't one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »