Home

MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #41
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Yeah, you're right. Second best batting average in the NL sucks when discussing best lineups.
last year an anomaly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #42
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
last year an anomaly
Guess you can say the same with BJ then, huh?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #43
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
I don't think my team should be higher. The Twins are going to be awful. LOL.

Anyway, I think that Choo signing was one of the most underrated signings of the off-season. To me, with all they added, that makes the Rangers my pick to win the AL.
I agree. The Rangers lineup is going to be nasty. They deserve to be in the top 5 lineups for sure.

BJ was no anomly. He might not do as bad, but I don't see him doing anything productive.

Johnson isn't an anomly so to speak. He might not hit for that high of an average again, but he still will be a .280+ .330+ OBP .780+ OPS type of guy. His line LD pct was pretty good last year so even though he had a high BABIP, it was due to him making good contact and not so much luck. However he does strikeout a decent amount and doesn't draw too many walks. He isn't no top tier hitter by any means though. I'd say just a solid hitter.

Braves have a solid lineup, but I just don't see it justified being in the top 5. We won't know till the game comes out though.

I know currently with the last updated rosters (even with McCann) their lineup is ranked like 10th or so.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 03-08-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not surprised to see no love for the team that scored the 4th most runs in the league last year, finished 3rd in OPS and tied for 3rd in wRC+. Of course, the A's do it with platoons and maximize production from every spot in the roster; other teams do it with big names and are thus more noticeable.

Anyways, I don't think the A's necessarily have a top 5 lineup this year but hopefully in the Show, they are at least top 10 instead of being ranked at the bottom half of lineups as they usually are.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #45
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

The Indians and A's could make an argument, but I think what holds them back is the DH. If they were in the NL, would be a superior offensive team? I am not sure who Oakland's primary DH will be (Moss, Jaso?), but Cleveland uses Santana at DH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #46
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

People love hating on the Braves. They scored the 3rd most runs in the NL lasty year, only St Louis and Colorado ahead of them, and return the same lineup. Mccann sucked outside of one good month. Jupton, Heyward, Freeman, and Simmons will all take strides being young talented players. BJ cant be any worse. Uggla will be replaced by May by someone more productive.

The Cards are prolly a better lineup, but theyll regress some, that average with RISP is due to come back down to earth. Dodgers are good, lot of question marks. Rockies will score runs, but partly because of Coors.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #47
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Noone is hating on the Braves. I just don't think they are a top 5 lineup. Top 5 pitching? Yeah I'd agree with that.

Cards won't hit .330 with RISP again, but they also won't rank 27th in HR's with Adams, Molina, Craig, Holliday, Tavaras, Peralta, and Carpenter staying somewhat healthy.

Craig missed the last month and Adams only started about half the games, while Kozma and Freese were horrible last year. It'll balance out.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1
Rangers, Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, and Red Sox would make my top 5. And the reason. SD studios love overrated veterans based on past production. And these teams are lined with them. Cardinals just don't have speed my top 5 teams have. Nor do they have a true middle of the line up guy. Molina? Holiday? Craig? Me'h. Nationals not mentioned much here, tons of power and veteran talent, probably also better than the Cards. Tigers have Miguel in the middle of the lineup and good speed in front, and veterans behind, also better than the Cards. Blue Jays, same. Cards might not be top 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »