Home

MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #25
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Dee Gordon has been playing well this spring and is probably going to win the job. Guerrero is starting to hit, but needs work on Defense.
You know who had a good spring last year? BJ Upton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #26
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Upton and Uggla in same lineup in top 5?
Old 03-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #27
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Yeah, the one with Heyward, Upton, Freeman and Johnson.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #28
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Yeah I don't get it. They pretty much made no changes and were a slightly above average lineup. I mean it isn't bad, but it has tons of holes after the 5 hole.

Dodgers have a good lineup on paper, but once again only ranked 7th last year in the NL. So unless Kemp comes back strong and they find a place for all 4 OF's, I don't see them being a top 5 offense.

Orioles I can agree with and Texas I definitely agree with. Detroit and St. Louis should be in there, IMO too. The Tigers have the best hitter in baseball and the Cards have so much depth it is unreal. We only lost Beltran, but we also have Craig/Adams healthy and Tavaras coming up.

Boston should be in there as well. They don't have a sexy lineup, but they grind AB's and know how to get on base.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #29
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

The O's had a a pretty good lineup last year, could be better this year.

They were in the 5th in runs, 8th in hits, 5th in doubles, 1st in HR (by 24), 3rd in total bases, 5th in RBI, 10th in AVG, 3rd in SLG %, and 4th in OPS.

I don't expect Davis to have a year like he did last year, but you never know, I think Machado will be better offensively (he should be back for opening day, and if not, very soon after, Flaherty will be at second), and Cruz at DH should be better than anything they stuck there last season.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #30
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Yeah, the one with Heyward, Upton, Freeman and Johnson.
You guys virtually made no changes, except losing Mccann. Do you think you guys have a top 5 lineup?

Maybe I guess they overrate Uggla and BJ in the game, but I don't see it lol. Simmons, Uggla, and BJ are pretty terrible hitters.

Also the Angels are extremely overrated. I loved Freese, but the guy was below average last year. Pujols might bounce back, but who knows? That lineup is not a top 5 lineup.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #31
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
You guys virtually made no changes, except losing Mccann. Do you think you guys have a top 5 lineup?

Maybe I guess they overrate Uggla and BJ in the game, but I don't see it lol. Simmons, Uggla, and BJ are pretty terrible hitters.

Also the Angels are extremely overrated. I loved Freese, but the guy was below average last year. Pujols might bounce back, but who knows? That lineup is not a top 5 lineup.
#1 in homers last year and 3rd in runs. McCann had his worst year yet and was hurt much of the year.

I keep seeing you bash Simmons' hitting. You do realize before halfway through last season, he had played a total of 44 games above A ball? He hit 17 homers and had an average BA for a SS. I see his hitting as FAR from terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 AM   #32
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Im suprised the Cardinals arent in this list. They were the best clutch hitting team in baseball last season, and by a large margin. I cant imagine them putting up those types of numbers again in the clutch, but they will still be a pain to deal with daily. On paper they might have actually gotten better this year, cause they no longer have a weak hitting ss.

I dont like giving the Cardinals any credit and wish they would play Cubs baseball, but it is what it is, the Cards are the best ran organization in baseball. Not only should they be in everybody's top 5 offensive teams, they should be in everyones top 5 teams overall.

The Yankees were my dads team so they are my 2n favorite team, but I wouldnt put then in the top 5 offensive teams in baseball. Roberts will probably have a season ending injury before Opening day or shortly after, as that seems to be his routine yearly,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

Last edited by CaseIH; 03-08-2014 at 01:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »