Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #329
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I think there's a happy medium.
You should have some control, but at the end of a 162 game season Trout and Cabrera should be in the top 5 for BA while guys like Arencibia should always be fighting the Mendoza line.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be nothing BUT sim so no matter how good you are, or how well you work a count, poor hitters should always be poor.
But I think there's a happy middle ground.

That's why I loved 2K's Hitters Eye. Even if you're a bad player, Hitters Eye can help you out when hitting with a premier stick.
This is why I like psy so much. Good hitters have a larger cursor making it easier to hit with them than a poor hitter who will have a smaller cursor. This way the good hitters will have a higher avg. than poor hitters all the while giving the user ultimate control.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #330
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
I think there's a happy medium.
You should have some control, but at the end of a 162 game season Trout and Cabrera should be in the top 5 for BA while guys like Arencibia should always be fighting the Mendoza line.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be nothing BUT sim so no matter how good you are, or how well you work a count, poor hitters should always be poor.
But I think there's a happy middle ground.

That's why I loved 2K's Hitters Eye. Even if you're a bad player, Hitters Eye can help you out when hitting with a premier stick.
I guess its just how the coding is implemented and how you play but with the Show I find it FEELS very predictable or force at key moments regardless of who its favors hu or cpu but with EA NHL 14 if you can find the proper sliders which isnt easy the game can be incredible , semi sim and very fun .

EA NHL and the show are very similar IMO coding wise but as much as I like the Show its just little fun on a replay value over time so hopefully RBI can bring some fun back with real player interaction based off of real stats and attributes and not some randomness that makes little sense at times other than saying thats just baseball as a answer/excuse for poor AI and coding .

I like alot of what MLB 2k did later on but too little to late and visually I couldnt even play it as it hurt my eyes and thats sad as MLB 2k7 looked better than most , I hate Ben Brinkman .

See like with NHL I can understand things adjust things and feel like I played a role win or lose questionable or not and have a good taste in my mouth but with the Show not so much .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 03-05-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #331
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I guess its just how the coding is implemented and how you play but with the Show I find it FEELS very predictable or force at key moments regardless of who its favors hu or cpu but with EA NHL 14 if you can find the proper sliders which isnt easy the game can be incredible , semi sim and very fun .

EA NHL and the show are very similar IMO coding wise but as much as I like the Show its just little fun on a replay value over time so hopefully RBI can bring some fun back with real player interaction based off of real stats and attributes and not some randomness that makes little sense at times other than saying thats just baseball as a answer/excuse for poor AI and coding .

I like alot of what MLB 2k did later on but too little to late and visually I couldnt even play it as it hurt my eyes and thats sad as MLB 2k7 looked better than most , I hate Ben Brinkman .

See like with NHL I can understand things adjust things and feel like I played a role win or lose questionable or not and have a good taste in my mouth but with the Show not so much .
I agree. There are times it seems like no matter what pitcher you have, or what pitch you throw, certain guys are going to hit off of you no matter what.
I played the same game (MLB13) against the Yanks, 4x in a row, and in each one, Ellsbury got a hit in his first AB regardless of who I had on the mound.

But my biggest gripe against The Show is that the pitcher-hitter dynamic has gotten extremely stale.
After using 2K's analog pitching and having Hitters Eye, I found MLB to be really boring.
I'm well aware of 2K's shortcomings, but for my money, no other ball game has captured the fun and intensity of the pitcher-hitter dynamic like it did.
The game was just flat-out fun.

That's why I'm hoping RBI has something similar. It doesn't have to be perfect, or as pretty as the other games out there.
I just hope it's more sim than arcade and that it's fun.
But if not, I'll go back to 2K13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #332
MVP

OVR: 0

The only part of 2k I loved more than the show was the broadcast presentation. I probably mentioned this somewhere in these forms, but being visually impaired, much of my critical thoughts are always towards the sound, because that's the main factor for me. Its never a deal breaker, I play almost every baseball game because I love the sport, but its still great when a game has awesome commentary. If I had to rate the games over the years in terms of that, 2k with Jon Miller was the best, followed by All-star baseball, then the show. The Mlb slugfest series guys were awesome, used to love the pre-game jokes.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #333
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
I agree. There are times it seems like no matter what pitcher you have, or what pitch you throw, certain guys are going to hit off of you no matter what.
I played the same game (MLB13) against the Yanks, 4x in a row, and in each one, Ellsbury got a hit in his first AB regardless of who I had on the mound.

But my biggest gripe against The Show is that the pitcher-hitter dynamic has gotten extremely stale.
After using 2K's analog pitching and having Hitters Eye, I found MLB to be really boring.
I'm well aware of 2K's shortcomings, but for my money, no other ball game has captured the fun and intensity of the pitcher-hitter dynamic like it did.

That's why I'm hoping RBI has something similar. It doesn't have to be perfect, or as pretty as the other games out there.
Off topic here but quick question, I never played 2k13 how did it compare to 2k12, worth the upgrade as small as it would be?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #334
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Off topic here but quick question, I never played 2k13 how did it compare to 2k12, worth the upgrade as small as it would be?
PS3 - Not a whole lot of difference other than updated rosters (you can get 2K12 rosters too, though), new playoff format and Astro's in AL.

Other than that, I wouldn't say there's a lot that changed.

The 360 version includes the patch that was released for 2K12 - so no stutter after foulball and no rocket arms by catchers when flipping back to the pitcher.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #335
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:

Yeah the show is like that but most dont play enough to notice its huge flaws and as I said before MLB 2k at the end was pretty fun and very interactive but visually I just couldnt accept it .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #336
Rookie

Any word for xbox one?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »