Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #321
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hope they don't go the realistic player graphics look because MLB the show will just kill them at that...they should do like the original graphics with a cartoon like exaggerated look but with fun, realistic play...you know, like the old RBI games.

What do you guys think? Agree with me?
No , First I think the shows player Models are old and tired looking after 4 years of the same build and sadly they will now look like a PS3 port to the PS4 but now in hi def though to me they look weird especially with ps4 hair and ps3 bodies , not a good morph as SCEA should have started with all new player models on the ps4 to max its full potential .

I hope RBI plays semi sim BUT fun is the key you know something that makes you wanna play more and not turn off the console in disgust like you not even part of the game at key moments .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #322
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hope they don't go the realistic player graphics look because MLB the show will just kill them at that...they should do like the original graphics with a cartoon like exaggerated look but with fun, realistic play...you know, like the old RBI games.

What do you guys think? Agree with me?
I totally agree. I hope it looks/plays like the RBI games from when I was a kid. I only have time for one baseball sim, which will be The Show, but if RBI is a fun pick up and play game, I'll get it.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #323
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I totally agree. I hope it looks/plays like the RBI games from when I was a kid. I only have time for one baseball sim, which will be The Show, but if RBI is a fun pick up and play game, I'll get it.
I'm in the same boat.

Other games that are in the same vein as The Show just don't do it for me....on any level.
That's why I can play OOTP.....or PowerPros.....it's a different feel altogether.

I'm hoping for a true revival of R.B.I.

Anything else would be a purchase(I own and will continue to own every baseball title produced)....but it just won't get much play time unless it completely blows me away.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #324
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Many times when I sit down to watch a game, I wish I could see exactly what everyone else can. Being visually impaired makes that impossible, but that's another reason why baseball is so awesome, you don't have to see it to get the picture. I like to say that baseball is the one game you can see on radio. I started listening to the Yanks when I was 6 in 96, and haven't missed a game to date. These days though, it's a lot different. Back then, I always used my good old pocket radio, now I can use mlb.tv and watch the game with sinced radio on a roku or ps app.
If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you are able to see?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #325
MVP

OVR: 0

As for me, graphics don't mean much of course, but I still would like it to be a realistic game. Awesome gameplay, sound, stuff like that. Kind of like All-star baseball for ps2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #326
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
No , First I think the shows player Models are old and tired looking after 4 years of the same build and sadly they will now look like a PS3 port to the PS4 but now in hi def though to me they look weird especially with ps4 hair and ps3 bodies , not a good morph as SCEA should have started with all new player models on the ps4 to max its full potential .

I hope RBI plays semi sim BUT fun is the key you know something that makes you wanna play more and not turn off the console in disgust like you not even part of the game at key moments .
I agree. I'm tired of playing so called sims that are so animation driven that I may as well set the game to cpu vs cpu for all the input I can give.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #327
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
I agree. I'm tired of playing so called sims that are so animation driven that I may as well set the game to cpu vs cpu for all the input I can give.
See sims are great for watching but Im not a watcher Im a player and a player has gotta play

I think it is very disingenuous when playing a game for it to be tilted one way or another for the sake of sim , I mean at that point why even play because your not actually even playing right ?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #328
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
See sims are great for watching but Im not a watcher Im a player and a player has gotta play

I think it is very disingenuous when playing a game for it to be tilted one way or another for the sake of sim , I mean at that point why even play because your not actually even playing right ?
I think there's a happy medium.
You should have some control, but at the end of a 162 game season Trout and Cabrera should be in the top 5 for BA while guys like Arencibia should always be fighting the Mendoza line.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be nothing BUT sim so no matter how good you are, or how well you work a count, poor hitters should always be poor.
But I think there's a happy middle ground.

That's why I loved 2K's Hitters Eye. Even if you're a bad player, Hitters Eye can help you out when hitting with a premier stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »