Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #313
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
It just shows how much we love the game of baseball. Before my best friend knew me, he didn't know much about baseball, and he thought it was boring. I finally convinced him that its a special sport on one summers night a couple years ago. He sat down to watch his first ever game with me, it was a Giants Astros game. I told him, "the beauty of baseball is that on any given night, you can see something special, maybe even a perfect game. And wouldn't you know, the person who didn't like baseball, sat for 3 hours eyes fixed on the screen, as Cane made baseball history with a perfect game.
Very off topic (but it's not like we have a lot to talk about in this forum currently, haha):

I grew up playing ball and loving the sport. TWIB was my favorite TV show.
But when I turned 12 I lost that love and flipped over to hockey.
I think the biggest reason I stopped enjoying baseball was poor coaching. My travel coaches were extremely nice guys. They never raised their voices or got ticked off over wins and losses. But they also didn't teach us anything.
Every one of our practices was 'one kid hit, the others field'. When we all got a turn hitting, the practice was over.
We didn't work on stealing, grounders, double-plays, relays, etc, etc. We didn't even hit off a Tee.
And our team stunk. We had a second basemen that couldn't catch flies with a bag of poop.
It got to be too much, so I quit and never really gave baseball another thought.

Then I got older and had kids. Soon they were bouncing around the ball diamonds and now my love for the sport has eclipsed what it once was.
I can't get enough.
Like you said, to the untrained eye, baseball appears boring. But if you watch and learn the intricacies, it becomes a game of poetry.
Watching a SS snag a ground ball that seemed out of reach, spin, turn and fire to 1B for an out - all while making it look routine - is a thing of beauty.
So much to love about the game.

My wife, who never played ball or even went to ball games, is now an addict too. She'll sit and watch full games with me and could go to Comerica for all 81 games if we could afford it.

We both live for Opening Day.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #314
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Many times when I sit down to watch a game, I wish I could see exactly what everyone else can. Being visually impaired makes that impossible, but that's another reason why baseball is so awesome, you don't have to see it to get the picture. I like to say that baseball is the one game you can see on radio. I started listening to the Yanks when I was 6 in 96, and haven't missed a game to date. These days though, it's a lot different. Back then, I always used my good old pocket radio, now I can use mlb.tv and watch the game with sinced radio on a roku or ps app.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #315
MVP

OVR: 0
Well, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get info on this game. We no next to nothing about it, I mean we don't even know who the play-by-play broadcaster is!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #316
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

OVR: 4

very disappointing to see there's still no info on this .. I wonder what's up
Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #317
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I hope they don't go the realistic player graphics look because MLB the show will just kill them at that...they should do like the original graphics with a cartoon like exaggerated look but with fun, realistic play...you know, like the old RBI games.

What do you guys think? Agree with me?
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #318
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hope they don't go the realistic player graphics look because MLB the show will just kill them at that...they should do like the original graphics with a cartoon like exaggerated look but with fun, realistic play...you know, like the old RBI games.

I don't think it's going to go the cartoonish route. From a video that was posted a while back they were taking facial/head scans of Alfonso Soriano so I'd expect graphically they'll go with a realistic look.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #319
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

I can't say I'd want them to go with the original style graphics but I'm really not that concerned with graphics as long as it plays a good game of baseball.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 03-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #320
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm with you on the cartoon graphics thing. A solid arcade baseball game like RBI gone by (or Bases Loaded or Baseball Stars 2 on the Neo Geo) would be a blast. Trying to make a sim that competes with The Show is a guaranteed skip for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »