Home

NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-28-2014, 05:21 AM   #145
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Bug after bug, after bug for me tonight...

Lead the final 9 laps of the race at Kansas... won the race, did my burnout, watched Gordon get out of the car and celebrate... Results have me finishing in second.

How can they not get this right?

Those are the bugs that genuinely drive me nuts. I don't know how they don't catch that before release.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #146
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

I like the game. It has been fun but frustrating at the same time. I won the first 3 races and since then have struggled. The short tracks have been brutal for me. I get pole most of the time but always end up losing it. I can't hold lines and even with the difficulty being at 5 percent i still lose. Lol. I have had issues with it freezing and if i ever put it fails and i just sit there as the race continues. I do have a question though for you nascar guys. How do you improve the sponsor relationship in the game? I have two right now and they are not moving, Heck one of them went down after last race where i finished 33 after leading 20 of the 25 laps at Martinsville. They caught up and caused me to hit the wall and then the aggressive AI turned me around in the corner and i lost it all.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #147
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Did you create a new paint scheme and slap the sponsor logo on your car, under stickers I think it was? It gives you a tutorial pop up when you obtain a sponsor telling you how to do this.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #148
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Bug after bug, after bug for me tonight...

Lead the final 9 laps of the race at Kansas... won the race, did my burnout, watched Gordon get out of the car and celebrate... Results have me finishing in second.

How can they not get this right?

This is an easy one. Since Gordon doesn't win in real life, the game won't recognize it either in the game.

Last edited by Rules; 02-28-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #149
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Those are the bugs that genuinely drive me nuts. I don't know how they don't catch that before release.
Seriously eh? Like, if they could fix that really silly, sloppy stuff like AI pitting, and finishing orders, making the AI less tank like and more aware of the users position on the track, this game can be a blast, and a great game. It's just the little frustrations that really hold it back.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #150
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Did you create a new paint scheme and slap the sponsor logo on your car, under stickers I think it was? It gives you a tutorial pop up when you obtain a sponsor telling you how to do this.
Yes, sponsor logos are on the car. One on the trunk and other on the sides. Thank you mirror effect.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #151
Just started!

OVR: 0

So far here is what I've encountered:

-3 hard freezes at various times
-At Phoenix in career I hit the rewind because I made a bad decision and caused a wreck. Well it rewinds me all the way back to the start of the race and the CPU has control of my car. No matter what I tried I could not regain control of the car. So I just watch for a few minutes as my car went around the track under CPU control.
-As has been the case for 3 years w/ this game you can't get 3 laps of practice in at Bristol due to cars coming up the track and causing huge wrecks.
-At Fontana, during my career w/ 20% length, 2x tire wear & fuel on my first green flag stop, I pulled into the pits only to stay. My car just sat in the pitstall running for 6 minutes before I just turned the Xbox off in disgust.
-While making adjustments to the car I have noticed you have to make large changes just to get a different feel with the car.

Bottom line is the game isn't worth $50 and I have t wonder if the development team even test everything before they release the games. They get so many little details right from the track sponsors, and everything in between but they fail miserable at the most important parts of racing and Nascar, the actual racing and pit stops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #152
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAce
Anyone have any idea if this game will be released digitally on the PlayStation Store?

According to the Playstation Drop Blog it was be offered digitally in March.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »