Home

NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #73
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPDriver
Just ran the Brickyard 400 in career mode. Actually made a last second pass to win it and did my burnout for celebration. It had the cutscene of getting out of the car, etc. Then it said 2nd place. I didn't win the race for some reason, even though it gave me the burnout time and celebration scene.
Again, something that happened plenty on Inside Line.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 02-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #74
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
That's news to me--when I do it on the PC, it works.

On the PS3, it says I have to use a controller when it comes time to pick your paint scheme. I know other people on the 360 had the same problem. Maybe it's the specific wheel type, I don't know. But my Fanatec CSR Elite will NOT let me start a career race on PS3, yet I can with either the CSRE or the TX Racing Wheel on the PC version without a problem.
Trying it right now again on the PS3 to make sure I am not going crazy -

EDIT - I am using the DFGT wheel and just had to hit the PS button on the wheel to start it - it's a little strange they make me turn off my wireless controller and hit the PS home button on my wheel and assign it as the #1 conroller - but it does work and I had no issues starting, navigating through the menus and hitting the track - all using the wheel.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 02-21-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #75
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPDriver
Just ran the Brickyard 400 in career mode. Actually made a last second pass to win it and did my burnout for celebration. It had the cutscene of getting out of the car, etc. Then it said 2nd place. I didn't win the race for some reason, even though it gave me the burnout time and celebration scene.
Well that sucks - no other way to put it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #76
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Must be compatibility with the DFGT specifically, then. I have no "PS" button on my CSRE, and it definitely doesn't work.

Even stranger, I have yet to run into a PS3 game where my Dual Shock 4 from the PS4 didn't work...until this game. I can navigate the dashboard on the PS3, and start the game with it. Go into Nascar and it's like I don't have a controller plugged in.

Glad they got their control issues sorted out in the past year+
Old 02-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #77
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Must be compatibility with the DFGT specifically, then. I have no "PS" button on my CSRE, and it definitely doesn't work.

Even stranger, I have yet to run into a PS3 game where my Dual Shock 4 from the PS4 didn't work...until this game. I can navigate the dashboard on the PS3, and start the game with it. Go into Nascar and it's like I don't have a controller plugged in.

Glad they got their control issues sorted out in the past year+
Was truly disappointed the DS4 didn't work with this game also Terry. I know others have said they've encountered such instances, but not me. The DS4 works great on The Show, and was really hoping to see how it worked on this game also -
Old 02-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #78
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Again, something that happened plenty on Inside Line.
Never played Inside Line so this is new to me.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION
Old 02-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #79
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

That's the stuff we mean when we say things like "it's been there for years, so we're not expecting much this year".

It improves incrementally each year, and if the driving model itself wasn't so fun, it would be trash. There are tons of little supporting system issues with the game that seem to exist in each version. Stuff like that (win, but not win bug), weird starting orders and pitting sequences--caution comes out, you're running 10th. You pit, you come out in line about 7th or 8th behind somebody like Bowyer, Truex, and Jr. Then you get back to the restart and you're restarting 23rd with Bowyer, Truex, and Jr. up in 5th, 6th, and 7th. Just bizarre crap like that).

It's not something that happens every race, but it's also not so uncommon that the devs could have missed it.

And to an earlier poster--yes, we've relayed all of this directly to them for years. A few of us here were in the beta on PC and relaying this constantly to them last year. It's not for lack of information. It's for lack of ability to fix it, which is probably pretty difficult.

There's a reason I felt like flying flags at half mast when Papyrus quit making NASCAR games. I was there for their first one and watched the AI get better each version, and even reviewed the later ones for this site. It wasn't always as good as it ended up, and even the NR2003 had some AI issues that were quirky. But this one (like I've said before) is different in its method of screwups. There are numerous fundamental things wrong with each version they put out.

This one, SO FAR, seems like a step forward to me. But until I really nail down a career difficulty percentage that doesn't either have me winning the pole every race and then sailing backward through the field, or hopelessly outgunned at the green flag, I won't know for sure. I've started running a season mode to see how I match up in an equal car, and once I find a baseline there, go back to career and just pay my dues at the back of the field, knowing it's vehicle and not so much driver/difficulty.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #80
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Sounds good. I'll give that a try. It was my next thought, well that along with turning wear off all together. I did think having to pit 3 times during a 27 lap race was a bit too much. lol

I think I do need to tighten my Daytona setup up a bit indeed, but I want to kind of try and fix it up with the controller settings. Im pretty sure I read some settings somewhere for IL and they worked great the plate tracks, I just havent gotten around to putting IL back in to go copy them down. That would be my only option for controller settings since they dont really explain what anything does inside the game menus.

Yeah tightening up the car might help you. I notice that at plate tracks when I have a loose car I have trouble around other cars with my car moving all over. I always try to keep it tight and it seems to help me hold the line I want better. People think the car has to be loose to be fast, but on the plate tracks you don't have to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »