Home

NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-20-2014, 11:47 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NASCAR '14 Available Now - Post Your Impressions

Are these issues you guys are finding being reported back to those who need to know this?

I purchased this today. Our son played it for a bit and enjoyed it, but neither of us are die-hard. But just curious if they know what is being found. Thanks for the impressions! Very helpful and appreciate them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 12:02 AM   #66
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

I am new to this series. Can someone tell me how to save and view a replay?
Old 02-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #67
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

If you are having trouble at Daytona with holding your line tighten up your car. I was having some trouble with my setup and I went in and tightened the car up a lot and it made a huge difference. I was able to start running three wide without wrecking. I'm not saying it will help everyone but it did me. I like my car tight at the plate tracks, I think it is easier to hold your line that way. I thought I had it tight enough and I guess I didn't.

Quote:
Had a real bad race tonight at Vegas. It was actually tons of fun up until the ending... it was a 27 lapper. I had wear and fuel at 4x to have some fun and trial runs at pitting and to test the AI. Actually, everything went perfectly. I had pitted twice already, and the entire field was pitting about with about 3 laps to go. I went in to the pits in the lead, came out 20 somethingth... understandable I guess as cars were cycling through stops, as the laps tick away, im now shown in in around 5th about 3 seconds behind keselowski who hasnt yet pitted. Final lap rolls around, Keselowski goes and pulls into the pits and the leaderboard suddenly drops me down to 25th, says I'm one lap down as I pass keselowski as he's on pit lane. As Im about half way through turn one, Keselowski hits the start finish line and is declared the winner.

Somehow Keselowski went from having a few second lead, to pulling into pit lane, and suddenly lapping the whole field by pitting??? I just threw the controller across the room onto the other couch, got up, turned off the xbox and grabbed a beer. In a sense, it makes sense I would be a lap down if he hadn't pitted yet... but the running order didnt reflect that. Then on top of that... why is it that when the entire field has been pitting together roughly at lap 11, then again around 22 of 27... how can Keselowski end up running an extra 3 laps... at 4x wear/fuel. Just a mess.

Guess I'm back to running races without wear and fuel use so the finishing order is at least correct, and logical. Either that, or finding a way to limit it to just one pit stop per race to limit the damage.

In the game's defense though, I ran about 3 races prior to that with the same settings, and experienced no issues.
Try running 10% length with 3x tire wear and fuel. Most tracks you only need one stop. That's what I run and have not seen any issues, even with guys pitting with 1 or 2 laps to go.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #68
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
If you are having trouble at Daytona with holding your line tighten up your car. I was having some trouble with my setup and I went in and tightened the car up a lot and it made a huge difference. I was able to start running three wide without wrecking. I'm not saying it will help everyone but it did me. I like my car tight at the plate tracks, I think it is easier to hold your line that way. I thought I had it tight enough and I guess I didn't.

Try running 10% length with 3x tire wear and fuel. Most tracks you only need one stop. That's what I run and have not seen any issues, even with guys pitting with 1 or 2 laps to go.
Sounds good. I'll give that a try. It was my next thought, well that along with turning wear off all together. I did think having to pit 3 times during a 27 lap race was a bit too much. lol

I think I do need to tighten my Daytona setup up a bit indeed, but I want to kind of try and fix it up with the controller settings. Im pretty sure I read some settings somewhere for IL and they worked great the plate tracks, I just havent gotten around to putting IL back in to go copy them down. That would be my only option for controller settings since they dont really explain what anything does inside the game menus.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #69
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

Am I doing something wrong or can you not run career mode with a wheel. It gives me an error and tells me to reconnect the controller. If this is the case then this game sucks. I knew I just should stay with 2k3 but wanted something a little different for a change. I will not race with a controller.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #70
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
Am I doing something wrong or can you not run career mode with a wheel. It gives me an error and tells me to reconnect the controller. If this is the case then this game sucks. I knew I just should stay with 2k3 but wanted something a little different for a change. I will not race with a controller.
You can absolutely run a career mode with a wheel - I have done it both on the PC and the PS3 version -
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #71
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

That's news to me--when I do it on the PC, it works.

On the PS3, it says I have to use a controller when it comes time to pick your paint scheme. I know other people on the 360 had the same problem. Maybe it's the specific wheel type, I don't know. But my Fanatec CSR Elite will NOT let me start a career race on PS3, yet I can with either the CSRE or the TX Racing Wheel on the PC version without a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #72
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2

Just ran the Brickyard 400 in career mode. Actually made a last second pass to win it and did my burnout for celebration. It had the cutscene of getting out of the car, etc. Then it said 2nd place. I didn't win the race for some reason, even though it gave me the burnout time and celebration scene.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »