Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #257
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Wow still no info ? and if nothing drops by next week this is just really strange as they already lost alot the excitement after the announcement in January .
I know, I wonder what's up. Maybe since this isn't a normal video game dev team, we won't get the usual type of news. I doubt they would just release the game without some type of news.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #258
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
I know, I wonder what's up. Maybe since this isn't a normal video game dev team, we won't get the usual type of news. I doubt they would just release the game without some type of news.
I wouldn't worry about that. This is being developed inhouse by MLB so I expect a big media push to get the word out.

Not sure what the hold-up is, but I really do think we'll hear something soon. Especially now that spring training is nearly in full swing.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #259
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I wouldn't worry about that. This is being developed inhouse by MLB so I expect a big media push to get the word out.

Not sure what the hold-up is, but I really do think we'll hear something soon. Especially now that spring training is nearly in full swing.
I agree, I'm actually pretty excited. mlb advanced media does an amazing job with the mlb.tv product, and even though that's not a video game, it seems like they have a sense of how to do things right. I'm a big fan of them ever since they introduced audio overlay for mlb.tv.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #260
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
I agree, I'm actually pretty excited. mlb advanced media does an amazing job with the mlb.tv product, and even though that's not a video game, it seems like they have a sense of how to do things right. I'm a big fan of them ever since they introduced audio overlay for mlb.tv.

Yeah their really the leader in this and I just cant see them not using all the tech at their hands and this alone is why I dont see them just releasing a Bigs type game alone as they really promote their brand well and from what I read down the road they just wanna profit off their own brand and cut out any middle men or other game companies and all the profits are theirs and thats why they created their own video game company with all MLB teams as the owners .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 02-20-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #261
MVP

Quote:
Yeah their really the leader in this and I just cant see them not using all the tech at their hands and this alone is why I dont see them just releasing a Bigs type game alone as they really promote their brand well and from what I read down the road they just wanna profit off their own brand and cut out any middle men or other game companies and all the profits are theirs and thats why they created their own video game company with all MLB teams as the owners .
That's a very big reason why I think it will be closer to a simulation. Personally, I think they're just using "RBI" as the title, but I don't think it'll play anything like the original. I was to young to play RBI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #262
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
That's a very big reason why I think it will be closer to a simulation. Personally, I think they're just using "RBI" as the title, but I don't think it'll play anything like the original. I was to young to play RBI.
I loved the original and it was very sim.
Yes, it had cartoon sounds, but people forget that during that era there were very few pure sim sports games. Every sports game was arcady to a degree.
But RBI was the first to have real players and varying attributes making each player and pitcher feel differently.

I'm hoping they can recapture how much fun that game was while still providing enough sim qualities for the hardcore gamer.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #263
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It was really fun and pretty realistic for the day and one of the first games with real players but being that its 2014 and just a name they chose from the past so at least it wasnt triple play baseball . now that was rough in the final years
Old 02-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #264
MVP

Quote:
It was really fun and pretty realistic for the day and one of the first games with real players but being that its 2014 and just a name they chose from the past so at least it wasnt triple play baseball . now that was rough in the final years
Oh my yes, I remember those last days of triple play! Being visually impaired, my best friend jokes that any game looks awesome to me! lol, as I've said many times, sound is huge for me in baseball games. I'll be very interested to see who they choose as the play-by-play. man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »