Home

NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/11

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/11 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #41
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/

I would agree with that post patch.

Bouncetek pre patch was rough, mostly because of the lack of responsiveness....even EA acknowledged that. Then you had thing's like the infinite behind the back dribble...

Now that those things have been tuned, Bouncetek feels a lot better...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #42
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14 Interview Reveals Some NBA Live 15 Info, Title Update #2 Available 2/

There's footplanting in this game? If there's footplanting in Live it's implemented just like in Madden where the ball handler has it while everybody else doesn't. There's still plenty of warping and sliding going on in this game. This isn't a vast improvement over the dribbling in 10. I'd concede it's a better, but not by much at all.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #43
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
There's footplanting in this game? If there's footplanting in Live it's implemented just like in Madden where the ball handler has it while everybody else doesn't. There's still plenty of warping and sliding going on in this game. This isn't a vast improvement over the dribbling in 10. I'd concede it's a better, but not by much at all.
footplanting in live 14 is way better than live 10. yes there is still some sliding but it is nowhere close to what it used to be. and personally i find the dribbling much better than live 10 both in the way it looks and how it controls.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
really? the amount of warping sliding and clipping in live 10 is reason enough to warrant the change to bouncetek. its not perfect by any means and there is still some ball warping but it is a vast improvement over past live games. footplanting is another area where live 14 has greatly improved over past iterations.

Bouncetek is nonsense because I have performed the moves Kyrie or Tony Parker with Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Al Jefferson, K.G., Demarcus Cousins, Kevin Love, and, L. Aldrigde. You were not able to dribble with big men like this in Live 10 because Mike Wang made sure of it. I know Live 10 had warping and sliding, but I was referring to control of dribbling and where you wanted that player to go. Live 10 was better in that regard, because Bouncetek does not give you that feel. Their dribble system is overrated and you do not have control of the player at times performing those moves. Their dribble system is all over the place.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #45
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

That is a fair point regarding the bigs ability's....they can all handle like guards...

One thing EA has to improve on is making players feel different overall, from ability to signature style...

I found myself pretty much playing the same match up's repeatedly because of this...

there's no way Battier and Ray Allen should have the same jumper....Neither should KD and Melo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #46
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Bouncetek is nonsense because I have performed the moves Kyrie or Tony Parker with Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Al Jefferson, K.G., Demarcus Cousins, Kevin Love, and, L. Aldrigde. You were not able to dribble with big men like this in Live 10 because Mike Wang made sure of it. I know Live 10 had warping and sliding, but I was referring to control of dribbling and where you wanted that player to go. Live 10 was better in that regard, because Bouncetek does not give you that feel. Their dribble system is overrated and you do not have control of the player at times performing those moves. Their dribble system is all over the place.
bouncetek is not the dribble controls. its the separation of the ball from the player. in that respect it is way better than any other basketball game ive ever played. it still has a ways to go but for the most part it does its job.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
bouncetek is not the dribble controls. its the separation of the ball from the player. in that respect it is way better than any other basketball game ive ever played. it still has a ways to go but for the most part it does its job.

I never said bouncetek were dribble controls. We all know that Bouncetek is a dribble system that they have made for Live 14. What I'm telling you is that bouncetek is overrated, and Live 10 dribble system was better and you had response of your player when using it. Stars like Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Paul, and etc had their dribble packages implemented in their dribble system and it panned out better then Live 14's bouncetek. Also a dribble system in a basketball game that allows big men to possess point guard handling should not be taken serious. Yes the Bouncetek is separation from the ball player's hand, but it also has to do with with Authentic responsiveness. Live 14's bouncetek is not that responsive like they hyped it up to be. Live 10 had better responsiveness. They said it had authentic responsiveness in their own words. "Our dribbling has something called “Authentic Responsiveness,” which means the ball is controllable when it touches the player’s hands, ensuring that control is responsive when it should be and unresponsive when it should be. While that sounds counter intuitive, it’s important to create the depth required in a top-notch dribbling system".

Last edited by shutdown10; 02-18-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #48
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:

Example on how the separation of the ball from the player is the best ever? Maybe I am not understanding how revolutionary BounceTek is...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »