Home

FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

This is a discussion on FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #9
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil: Why You Should Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
Here's why EA Sports isn't releasing this for next-gen, so hopefully we can put all of this moaning and complaining to a rest:

Producing games costs money (and a lot of it) and time (and a lot of it). While it might seem like a lot of people already have an XB1 or a PS4, the truth is that the vast majority of people in the world do not have this system yet. As a result, facing a money and time constraint (as this is an additional game that EA Sports normally doesn't produce in a fiscal year), they weren't able to make a game for both next gen and current gen. Thus, they went with the masses and released this for the XB360 and PS3, making it available to the greatest number of people available.

There is the reason, so let's stop all of the whining about this not being released for next gen, because it makes perfect sense for EA Sports to do this (it's been a while since I've said that...) and very little sense to go only with the XB1/PS4 version. Then, we'd hear about 4 times the complaints about it not being on current-gen...

That is true for next gen but the lack of a pc release goes counter to that argument. I am curious if that means EA is already transitioning pc to the ignite engine and the complexity and variation of that engine compared to current gen is the reason its not created for next gen and pc or if they are planning to abandon it all together.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
I will get it, if my tiny country, Estonia, has a licensed squad with real names and likenesses. In Euro 2012 there was a bunch of random named dudes playing for my country. That was... embarrassing to play.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #11
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I'll be passing on the game not going backwards after playing Fifa 14 on next gen. If the reason for not releasing on next gen is the size of the audience then why was Fifa 14 put out on next gen why not stay current gen as well? If it makes sense with this game to stay current gen then wouldn't it have made even more sense for Fifa 14 as well considering the consoles weren't even in homes yet.
FIFA 14 was a planned launch game for the next-gen consoles, and the "FIFA" series comes out every single year. The producers and developers had plenty of time and money to budget for a next-gen FIFA.

However, 2014 WC is an "add-on" game for FY14 that is not normally part of the EA Sports line-up, and EA had significantly less time to plan and produce this game because it's that much more work to create a entire new game on top of what you normally have. Essentially, two different versions wasn't possible, so they decided to go with the version that currently has the largest consumer base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
FIFA 14 was a planned launch game for the next-gen consoles, and the "FIFA" series comes out every single year. The producers and developers had plenty of time and money to budget for a next-gen FIFA.

However, 2014 WC is an "add-on" game for FY14 that is not normally part of the EA Sports line-up, and EA had significantly less time to plan and produce this game because it's that much more work to create a entire new game on top of what you normally have. Essentially, two different versions wasn't possible, so they decided to go with the version that currently has the largest consumer base.
It's not on next gen so I don't care about this game. The article should have been named "Why 360/PS3 owners should care about this game."
Old 02-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #13
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I have a PS3 and PS4 but I am still not buying it for the PS3. It's EA they have the resources to put the game on next gen if they wanted. It's their biggest and best selling sports franchise so I find it hard to believe they could'nt have done it. Also what about the people that traded in there PS3's and 360's to advance to next gen. Oh I guess they want people to go back and buy those systems again to. I know how the game is played.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #14
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm looking forward to playing the World Cup version; however, it would be nice if EA released a special edition of FIFA 14 with the World Cup content built into the Career mode and as a standalone. I'd gladly pay more to have an all in one version.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Pretty poor article as it completely ignores what made the previous WC game so great: the gameplay.

And why would I want to play a FIFA game that will be a considerable step back from the quality of gameplay I've got with next gen 14? Game modes, teams, presentation, commentary? Seriously?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #16
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pretty poor article as it completely ignores what made the previous WC game so great: the gameplay.

And why would I want to play a FIFA game that will be a considerable step back from the quality of gameplay I've got with next gen 14? Game modes, teams, presentation, commentary? Seriously?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »