Home

NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #49
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I like that it looks like finally if you get into the rear of an AI car in the turn they will spin and not act like they are an immovable object like a tank.

However I didn't see any of that new damage model they are talking about. JJs car had some heavy impact and zero damage just looked like cars bounced off of each other.

Hopefully they just had damage turned off and that's why we didn't see any.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #50
OG

OVR: 19
Re: NASCAR '14 Ships February 18th - Official Trailer, 8 New Screenshots and Details

I'd like to be able to join/create a team as you advance in career mode, and to see teams or just certain drivers work together at times and have certain drivers that refuse to work with certain guys. I'd also like to see guys scatter in an attempt to gain position on the final lap instead of just staying in line and go across like it was any other lap.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #51
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
I'd like to be able to join/create a team as you advance in career mode, and to see teams or just certain drivers work together at times and have certain drivers that refuse to work with certain guys. I'd also like to see guys scatter in an attempt to gain position on the final lap instead of just staying in line and go across like it was any other lap.

I'll start with the advance through career mode idea which I hope is in this game. I would like to be able to have Stewart-Haas or Childress or any big team offer me a spot as I advance. Does anyone have further info on if something similar is in the new and "improved" career mode.

I also agree with the last lap scatter. I have no problem with AI running safe but when it comes to the last 10 laps I want to see the AI start to make moves and get aggressive.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #52
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Hopefully they just had damage turned off and that's why we didn't see any.

The same guy that did the above YouTube video did another one driving with Tony Stewart. And it shows of Green Flags and DNFs. I have to say I was 100% disappointed with the video. During the crash late in the race a screen pops up and says your car is too damaged DNF. That's pops up in the middle of the wreck and gives you the option to restart race or exit. So you don't get to see the whole wreck and who knows of AI cars can DNF.

Sorry for rant, but was extremely disappointed when I saw this.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 7

I saw some videos of the game as well, and while not awesome..I am hoping for the patch to fix a few of the issues. I will still purchase this game day one and look forward to racing you guys on here.

Like you, I didn't like the DNF issue. I hope that is addressed.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:08 AM   #54
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't get to concerned with videos and what was seen and wasn't seen on them. The only reason I will get the game is to race online with people. Usually I don't care about online, but when it comes to racing it is fun. That is when you can find some good people to race with. I like to play offline and do my own thing, but this company makes it hard to do that.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #55
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I don't get to concerned with videos and what was seen and wasn't seen on them. The only reason I will get the game is to race online with people. Usually I don't care about online, but when it comes to racing it is fun. That is when you can find some good people to race with. I like to play offline and do my own thing, but this company makes it hard to do that.

I don't either, but it's still disappointing. He posted another one feature Poconos. And that wreck looks like a bomb went off on the corner and 3 cars just launch in the air.

Trust me I want a NASCAR game as much as the next person, but I really want some realism.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »