Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2014, 11:47 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Scott's comments on just finding out about the late game logic is a flat out lie. Here's a screen shot of me tweeting him. He favorited the tweet on January 10th so he clearly lied about just finding out.
These guys are unbelievable
Old 02-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #218
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
Fiburon at their finest.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #219
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Yeah, I'm honestly really upset about his comments. I praised EA/Live for finally getting a game out and I thought they were heading in the right direction. I knew the game had flaws, but I was looking past them because it was something different. I loved L10 and still played it up until last year.

After his statement, I'm really at a loss for words. EA has always had a checkered past and most guys on this site "hate" everything they stand for. I was one of those guys that didn't matter what they did in the past, I'm an optimistic person. I really wanted to believe they were looking out for the best intrest of their consumers.

You can check my tweets about Live, I was really pumped about the product and the fact that this "HUGE" update was made to better their product. Like the 24th said, they failed to fix any bugs that we're holding Live back. Adding different lighting and adding a shoot around was really the main things they fixed IMO. The lack of fouls, CPU not calling TO, late game bug, CPU forcing its way to the paint, spins and hop steps in the post, players stepping out of bounds on the baseline, etc... I could keep going, but I won't. These issues are game killers and I (mostly everyone on OS) was hoping they were putting out this update to fix these issues, but sadly they weren't.

Now with Scott's comment saying he didn't know about it and they'll look into has severely pissed me off to the point I don't trust him or EA/Live crew. If he can be this dishonest about this, what have they been honest about? I'm sorry for the rant, but as one of Live 14 few supporters, I'm completely turned off about their product or faith they'll make a good product going forward.

Sorry again, just wanted to add my .02

Hopefully I don't get an infraction for my rant, but if I do, then so be it. I still love OS and what Mill/Steve and the mods have done for the sports gaming community.

32/DirtyJerz32 Out!

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 02-14-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #220
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Wow at these last 2 pages, just wow....here are the ones I captured...

http://youtu.be/gMDoIpHU5zU

http://youtu.be/Yx1s_QHyuzQ

http://youtu.be/pUknL5fxXbQ
Old 02-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #221
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Scott's comments on just finding out about the late game logic is a flat out lie. Here's a screen shot of me tweeting him. He favorited the tweet on January 10th so he clearly lied about just finding out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Fiburon at their finest.

You guys are some haters, should be:

: like you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2014, 01:07 AM   #222
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

"Somehow I told you so...just doesn't quite say it."
Old 02-14-2014, 02:26 AM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
hmmm! that's interesting. I turned on the xbone, started live and signed in, got 2 updates, some rosters! and played a really fun game! no pass back bugs in this one! still saw a couple late clock a.I. hang ups but overall it was a really fun game. idk if they sent out new patches, tweaked something somewhere but I had a really fun game! so today was a good day. I was able to see the little changes they implemented, saw some really really cool passing animations. especially one in air wrap around pass to a cutting Dwight Howard! the passes are now with a purpose. maybe too much so at times and the passing animations match the velocity of the passes. so today ill shout out the developers for on going support! and hopefully we get a fully polished game next year!
I too would like to know what those patches were. I had the same experience you had. The game felt much more alive than in the past. Seemed like the perimeter game was more in the A.I.'s mind than in the past. That's not to say they still don't try to pound the paint but they definitely took more shots from the outside and midrange. A.I. seemed considerably more active and mixed things up more.

I had a hard time keeping up with what I thought they were trying to accomplish out there. Lost to the Cavs in overtime with the Knicks. More animations opened up. Downside though is Irving was taking it to the hole at the slightest sliver of an opportunity and was pretty tough to stop once he did.

Another thing I saw which I haven't seen before was an ISO for him where everyone was way spread out and pretty much in the backcourt. I had Felton on him and immediately was thinking "Awww man this ain't gonna end well for me". Even if he missed nobody was there to get the board so he'd probably get his own rebound and make it anyway. Of course it didn't come to that as he embarrassed me and score on the first attempt.

Second game I was playing against the Bulls and ISO'ed Melo at the top of the key. As I was setting up , I forgot who, was in his defensive stance and actually clapped his hands like "Come on". I actually had a feeling like it was personal. lol. I was like "Oh really now. You want this?". I actually said "Oh really".

It's a shame that the game has the issues that are bugging people. I've only seen them a couple of times. Actually more recently but I have to say I haven't felt the urge to throw my controller through the TV or anything.

So does anyone know what the two latest patches do?

EDIT: Now the bad news, what's the deal with the baseline cameras? I thought they would have got them to 60fps. I just can't do the side cameras

Last edited by thatdudetoo; 02-14-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:05 AM   #224
MVP

OVR: 4

So people are just finding out that Scott is an ******* lol. That's the reason I liked the Guy. He's a PR team nightmare. I found that out when he streamed Live 14 for the first time around release.

Scott isn't hiding behind walls of hype men. It sucks donkey balls but just have to wait until next release.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »